Hits and misses

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Which present was a hit with your kids and which wasn't as liked as you'd hoped?

Mine got a ridiculous amount off family. My DD's favourites at the moment are slime (of course :roll:, a secret diary and an etch art set. She wasn't too keen on a dog toy that rolls over and laughs.

DS loves his crane construction set and a car map jigsaw. He doesn't like any of the chocolate he got because "it's not a toy" :haha:

Lol at your DS reaction to chocolate :haha:

Big hit for DS1 is the Nintendo Switch and all his Ryan's World toys, so far nothing that he hasn't been fussed on (winning!!!)

DD also loves the Nintendo Switch and the LOL amazing surprise. She absolutely loves her reborn doll too! Also nothing so far that she's not fussed on!

DS2 loves the fisher price sloth. Super cute watching him smile and get excited at it!

DD1 clearly fond of the Switch out of joint presents with Pokemon Sword and 1 2 Switch and Poospie Surprise doll of her own, we've all made some slime for her clothes.
Her least favourite is unknown as of yet.

DD2 loves her Chelsea and Barbie playground and Fiat 500, but she didn't like the fact she got more than one barbie as she thought you could only own one lol.
Her least favourite present is also unknown! We'll soon find out today.

We played Muddle card game and Pizza card game lastnight which we all loved.

Oldest
Hits- Barcelona air football he was chuffed with it! His scooter, a bottle of aftershave bless him haha, diary of a wimpy kid books, the novie robot thing my mam got him.

youngest
Hits- a marvel orbee squishy strangely enough, his nerf bits, he was chuffed with the mr frosty
He hasn’t opened too much yet though as he goes to his dads after lunch

Nothing was really a ‘miss’ as such but there are a few bits they havnt opened yet. Beat the parents I was excited to play but it was a bit confusing tbh.
The only real fail was the reveal they were going to swim with dolphins (the already inadvertently found out about Florida a couple of weeks back but managed to keep this quiet) it just went right over their heads tbh! I think they are excited though but I think it just got a bit lost in the excitement of presents tbh.

Thomas loved everything. He especially loves his Siku bus, london underground teddy and his remote controlled bb8.

We played mind the gap last night and really enjoyed it

A total hit was a UFO spaceship BIL got the girls. They have little propellers and they fly and hover around the room. They do need charging constantly though and one got tangled in my hair but they were so much fun.

Wouldn't say it's a miss exactly but alot of what we got the girls need adult help or supervision so in a way they haven't had many toys to play with. Also weather is rubbish so they haven't got much of a go on their Pogo sticks..... although they will eventually.

DH loves his Mario magnets and just spent a hour setting up a level on the fridge. I love my organiser and can't wait to start planning my budgets for next year.

DD1 clearly fond of the Switch out of joint presents with Pokemon Sword and 1 2 Switch and Poospie Surprise doll of her own, we've all made some slime for her clothes.
Her least favourite is unknown as of yet.

DD2 loves her Chelsea and Barbie playground and Fiat 500, but she didn't like the fact she got more than one barbie as she thought you could only own one lol.
Her least favourite present is also unknown! We'll soon find out today.

We played Muddle card game and Pizza card game lastnight which we all loved.
What are the muddle and pizza card games, what age for?

Hits for oldest, a space hopper and most of them really
A miss is the game where you pick spots she doesn't even want to open it as she doesn't
Ike things like that apparently

Youngest, the peppa pig characters
No miss

I think the biggest hits here are the Step 2 Kitchen &Grill and the Melissa & Doug supermarket. He hasnt stop shopping and cooking ever since! Hahaha.

No big miss. He got smaller toys and blocks and books and he's been having fun with those as well!

DS2... well! No opinions yet on the clothes he got! Haha. Well see what he thinks when he's born. ;)

No misses yet in our house ! Biggest hits DD1 was a world Globe , jasmine costume and Blu Blu the baby dolphin
DD2 Elsa costume , mako the mystic cat. Another big hit is their Xbox for their room ! They have been playing nicely on it .. for now !

Biggest hit was a razor scooter. It's her first 2 wheeled scooter, and she's been riding it all through the house since yesterday. It rarely leaves her side. No real misses. She was even excited over her new LOL panties! haha

Aww bless her , DD1 has took her dolphin to bed ! Kids just melt your heart at times !

At my parents with more presents

Hit for DD1 was her VTech watch and set of Barbie dolls

DD2 doesn't know what to okay with tbh but she loves her VTech microphone.

DD absolutely loved her pet giant African snail, she said now THAT is what you call a main present :rofl:

DS loved his RC car that goes 70mph not great in the house though when you have your ankles cut to shreds because he cant drive it properly :haha:

They were least impressed with the chocolated I wrapped up :rofl:

My daughter absolutely loves her Luvabella newborn doll. We haven't been home much so a lot of it is still in boxes. The baby has been sick since Christmas morning and hasn't wanted to play with anything.

£3.99 Roblox blind boxes have been the biggest hit for Rio so far! He hasn't left them alone!

I think most of ours were met as I expected. Although ds1 seemed quite excited about the build your own game which was more just a make up gift, and ds2 was really pleased with his training tracksuit for football which I thought was a bit of a practical gift.

Oh hope your little one is better soon Phantom !

We managed to avoid the norovirus bug that was going around in school before Xmas ! What’s the bet they get it when they go back .

Girls have opened everything in mine now and it looks like nothing without all the boxes ! Still no misses which I am surprised about

Oh hope your little one is better soon Phantom !

We managed to avoid the norovirus bug that was going around in school before Xmas ! What’s the bet they get it when they go back .

Girls have opened everything in mine now and it looks like nothing without all the boxes ! Still no misses which I am surprised about
We've avoided the norovirus too. Sooo not looking forward to it.... it's inevitable really isnt it! ](*,)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->