Hitting phase at 10 months - pls advise

goddess25

Reaction score
Ok so my Little one is 10 months now and I never thought it would happen so soon, but at the moment his new thing that he wants to do all the time is hit me or his dad in the face. Its not hard but he is totally doing it on purpose. I know he thinks its a game as he looks at you, smiles puts his hand out and slaps you on the cheek.
We have been doing a variety of trying to distract him with some favourite toys, taking his hand away and saying No very clearly and why (he totally gets No but does not obey it which i know is normal at this stage) he thinks its funny. The more you try to distract him the more he trys to do it and he thinks the whole thing is hilarious.

Is there anything else you think I could do to get him to stop this. I know its just a stage and I know he is too little to understand.

yeah u have to stick to ur guns with babies of this age as all hes doing is testing u and it will get worse as he gets older. well it has in zanes case

from being younger then ur lo zane would belt me in the face and it would hurt lol im naughty i do still laugh when he hits my oh in the face when zanes hugging me n his dad gets too close.

but what i did with zane and still try to do now is hold his hand just before he goes for the smack and i say no, at 10 months hes not goin to no what no means but least u get in the habbit and by stoppin him he will get the idea eventualy

I know Violet's a bit younger but she's going through a stage where she really grabs hard at our faces and she likes slapping / hitting too.

She's not at the point where she finds it funny but she is doing it on purpose! Because she's that bit younger, I don't say 'no' in a stern way. I take gently stroke her hand and say really softly, "gentle". I'm hoping by doing this, she won't think it's wrong to touch our faces, but she has to be gentle - I do the same when she touches the cats.

I think it's working to an extent as as soon as we say gentle, she does ease up and do it gently but it doesn't stop her being rough in the first place lol!

I don't know if something like that would work with your LO?

Thanks for that girls. We are trying to be consistent about it and he is the same with the cat. We are trying to teach him to be gentle with her too. Glad its not just not sure why but wasnt really expecting this for a little while yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->