Hmm...£500 maternity grant..?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by JustMe., Jan 25, 2011.

1. JustMe.

JustMe. Well-Known Member

Im due to get my £500 maternity grant soon, theres not really anything big I need for baby as we already have the moses basket and pram etc. Im going to put some of it aside for a cot bed and mattress but not getting this straight away as baby will be in her moses basket for 6 months.

All I really need is the basic things such as nappies, wipes etc when she arrives. Im gonna put it into savings so I can use it on things for her when she's here, I might get the odd teddy or something now though haha.

I was thinking do you think it would be bad if I treated myself to about 50quid of it?! I havent bought myself anything since I found out my pregnancy, apart from some maternity clothes with my bday/xmas money. I have found the most gorgeous summer outfit that I would LOVE to get but do you think its bad to use some of the maternity grant on myself and not baby?!

Just getting opinions :) x

2. foxyroxie

foxyroxie Well-Known Member

moses basket for 6 months!! how big is your moses basket riley was out of his at about 8 weeks lol! and go treat yourself hun! xx

3. hels08

hels08 mum of 2 gorgeous girls

yeah i doubt theyll stay in basket that long! but yeah go for it, most people treat themselves with it anyway its just that no-one admits to it lol!

you go spend honey! x

4. donna-c-86

donna-c-86 Well-Known Member

my sisters baby was in hers for about 6 months and she wasnt small

5. haze

haze Mum + Pink Bump

Same, my ds was in his till he was 6 months.

6. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

Of course!
    We've shopped around all pregnancy and used ebay/2nd hand mag for alot of bits so we're using the £500 to put towards paint/carpets for our new house.

7. kelly brown

kelly brown Well-Known Member

how did you quualify for that and how did you apply xx

8. emjgil

emjgil New mummy of one :D

i think after everything our loveable little LO's have put our bodies through for 9 months... treating yourself wouldnt be a bad thing lol... i would thats for sure (but i'd save it til i lost baby weight ha ha) xx

9. Biscuitbaby

Biscuitbaby Mum of 2 boys TTC#3

Go treat yourself!!! This pregnancy / baby stuff aint easy and you deserve it!!! :thumbup: :hugs: :happydance: