• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Hmm...£500 maternity grant..?

JustMe.

Reaction score
Im due to get my £500 maternity grant soon, theres not really anything big I need for baby as we already have the moses basket and pram etc. Im going to put some of it aside for a cot bed and mattress but not getting this straight away as baby will be in her moses basket for 6 months.

All I really need is the basic things such as nappies, wipes etc when she arrives. Im gonna put it into savings so I can use it on things for her when she's here, I might get the odd teddy or something now though haha.

I was thinking do you think it would be bad if I treated myself to about 50quid of it?! I havent bought myself anything since I found out my pregnancy, apart from some maternity clothes with my bday/xmas money. I have found the most gorgeous summer outfit that I would LOVE to get but do you think its bad to use some of the maternity grant on myself and not baby?!

Just getting opinions :) x

moses basket for 6 months!! how big is your moses basket riley was out of his at about 8 weeks lol! and go treat yourself hun! xx

yeah i doubt theyll stay in basket that long! but yeah go for it, most people treat themselves with it anyway its just that no-one admits to it lol!

you go spend honey! x

my sisters baby was in hers for about 6 months and she wasnt small

Of course!
We've shopped around all pregnancy and used ebay/2nd hand mag for alot of bits so we're using the £500 to put towards paint/carpets for our new house.

Im due to get my £500 maternity grant soon, theres not really anything big I need for baby as we already have the moses basket and pram etc. Im going to put some of it aside for a cot bed and mattress but not getting this straight away as baby will be in her moses basket for 6 months.

All I really need is the basic things such as nappies, wipes etc when she arrives. Im gonna put it into savings so I can use it on things for her when she's here, I might get the odd teddy or something now though haha.

I was thinking do you think it would be bad if I treated myself to about 50quid of it?! I havent bought myself anything since I found out my pregnancy, apart from some maternity clothes with my bday/xmas money. I have found the most gorgeous summer outfit that I would LOVE to get but do you think its bad to use some of the maternity grant on myself and not baby?!

Just getting opinions :) x
how did you quualify for that and how did you apply xx

i think after everything our loveable little LO's have put our bodies through for 9 months... treating yourself wouldnt be a bad thing lol... i would thats for sure (but i'd save it til i lost baby weight ha ha) xx

Go treat yourself!!! This pregnancy / baby stuff aint easy and you deserve it!!! :thumbup: :hugs: :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"