Hmm... do you reckon my tattoo will get worse???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by SnowWhite90, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SnowWhite90

SnowWhite90 Well-Known Member

Its starting to look quite stretched, do you reckon it'll get worse/be horribly misshappen after the birth?!

Im seriously regretting getting them now:dohh: I should of listened to my mammy!!

Attached Files:

2. babyblog

babyblog Well-Known Member

I have got a tattoo in the same place and it didn't really stretch much last time, I wouldn't think it will stretch much more !

3. justplainTIFF

justplainTIFF Proud mommy!

I'm was wondering the same thing. I've got one in the same spot and mine is a word. Hope we can still read it afterward.

4. Onemoretime5

Onemoretime5 Mother of 6 and loving it

LOL thats why I put all of my tattoos on non stretchy areas :) Im sure they will be fine

5. Mrsmitch80

Mrsmitch80 Well-Known Member

I've got a butterfly in the same place, last time it stretched my oh called it an eagle! It went back to normal after the birth though. Don't worry.

Xx

6. purplelilly

purplelilly Well-Known Member

I would think you'll be fine hon but even if it's still alittle off it'll just be customized by your lil one!

7. Maidenet

Maidenet Well-Known Member

I work in a tattoo studio.... Depends on your skin babe. Also after some peoples go back to normal, just depends on stretchmarks xx

8. MrsBump1

MrsBump1 Well-Known Member

Ive got a butterfly on my tummy and it looked more like a seagul when i was pregnant with my first but its fine now. Mind u i was lucky enough not to get strecth marks so maybe i got elastic skin? Hoping it'll be the same this time!!

9. pixydust

pixydust Married mama of two :D

I think you're gonna be lucky and it's gonna be just fiiine :)

10. I've got a butterfly in the same place... only I cant see it atm :dohh:
    I'm thinking it's going to look like a giant moth by the time Elsie's nearly here :haha:
    Also worried about the whole of my side.. Will be all worth it in the end though :thumbup:
    xx

Attached Files:

11. sunshineray7

sunshineray7 Mummy of 2 little men

I have one in the same place and during my previous pregnancy it didn't become misshapen at all, I just have a couple of stretch marks on it.

12. collette86

collette86 Well-Known Member

Iv got this on my tummy and im hoping that it wont stretch too much, this pic was taken at 19 weeks, it doesnt seem to have changed much!

https://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l629/collette86/005-4-1.jpg

13. xAmiixLouisex

xAmiixLouisex Mommy! <3

My mom has a tattoo around her actual belly button, a pattern sort of thing. It was HUGE when she was pregnant. But, went back to normal. :)

14. wavescrash

wavescrash Mom to 3 girls.

I have a dove in that same spot that I got just before I fell pregnant with my daughter. It got pretty stretched out and honestly, some of it looks terrible now (it's just the outline) but it could have also looked worse. Oh well... not much we can do about them now haha.

15. ems

ems Well-Known Member

I have loads of tattoos, 1 of them is by my belly button and I have swallows on my hips. This is pregnancy number 3 and *touches wood* they have all been fine, they just grew a bit and then shrunk back once baby was here.