hmmm a tad nervous.. what to expect

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by muffin1, Jan 30, 2011.

1. muffin1

muffin1 Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies

Hope your all well. Soooooo as some of you maybe aware me and the OH have been TTC since we got married in 2008, at the time we were mainly just seeing what happened and if we got pregnant fab, if not then we'll keep trying. Now we are nearing our 3rd year and still nothing and both now getting quite desperate.

I've spoken to my doctor who was fab but didnt really go into great detail about what to expect and what the tests are for, i'm having bloods taken on wednesday (CD21) what are these tests for and what happens after?

Sorry if i sound silly, my heads still feeling in a little tiz as i suppose i thought it would always happen really quickly for me and the OH. And i HATE having my blood taken, so much so i cry at the thought of it and the silly bruise they always leave me with. :wacko:

xxx

2. yellowbell

yellowbell TTC #2

i've just started to have blood tests too.
    I don't also like being poked, especially since I don't have visible veins on my arm joints so it always takes sometime and a senior nurse to get a blood sample, LOL.

So far I've had blood tests for Rubella and Progesterone (called D21 test to check if you ovulate).
    Then I'm scheduled to have more blood tests for FSH, LH, E2 and Prolactin.

We shouldn't worry as these are necessary to check if everything's working normal and it'll all be history once we hold our babies in our arms, isn't it? ;)

3. ebony2010

ebony2010 Pregnant with #2

Just wanted to wish you luck :hugs:

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to get the ball rolling with tests.

If you dont get your answers here try in the ltttc section. x

4. KJM2

KJM2 Well-Known Member

As far as what happens next. It depends on the results of your the tests. I had the same bloods and at the same time DH has semen analysis x3 once we got to the 1 year mark. We were then referred to FS after 18months. Ive since had an HSG and are waiting to go back for our second FS appointmnet in March.

Try not to worry about the tests it will be all worth it.

5. ebony2010

ebony2010 Pregnant with #2

Just wanted to post again to tell you I went to the doctors today about tests and my doctor said that as soon as the blood tests and SA come back we will be referred straight to the hospital. x

6. muffin1

muffin1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the replies. Feeling alot less nervous about it all now and after a long chat with OH we are feeling a lot more positive. Shall let you know how i get on with my appointment on Wednesday, hopefully I'll have use of my arm and it wont be all black and bruised like last time :)

7. Babybear85

Babybear85 Mummy to Joshua

Thats what we were told too so defo get the ball rolling.