Hmmm opinions on working

msmissa

Mommy of 1 & expecting
Reaction score
I have recently started working again, and I feel like I'm doing nothing more than watching the clock til I can pick up my son from the sitter's. My husband makes enough so we don't struggle, and most of what I earn goes to gas and childcare anyways. Aiden cries 80% of the time that I'm gone and he's with the sitter (so it's not like he's fine with someone else)

I was thinking of just not working and, well for the first year (at least til his dad comes home), finishing my degree. I would be able to be at home with Aiden more often than not, and get a better job when I'm finished.

Idk, I'm just struggling with the decision because I do like having a job, but I miss my son so much when I'm gone

It sucks so much that mat leave is so shitty in the US! If it's really that hard on him (and you as a result) and you can afford it, I'd probably stay home. Maybe you could work part-time so that you get the best of both worlds?

I love staying home, wouldn't trade it for anything. If it is something you can afford I would definitely do it!

kmac625: I'm already a part-time employee, but the problem is I haven't worked less than 37 hours a week since I was hired. I talked to them about it, and I was told there was no chance my hours were gonna lower any more than to 35

I would probably leave then and find another job that really was only part-time.

If you can afford to (even if skimping), I'd say stay home and finish your degree :)

If I were you I would stay home and finish that degree. I WISH I could do the same :cry: As it is, I return on April 10 and am dreading it. If you guys can make it, have the talk and see what you can do. :hugs: on your decision :)

Thank you so much, ladies. It's a tough decision for me, but I think I'll go have a talk with my manager about letting me go at the end of the month. You guys have helped bunches :)

Glad you were able to come to a decision you're happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->