Hmmm slightly confused

Char.due.jan

Mummy to Luke
Reaction score
My maternity leave at work hasn't ever really been discussed in much detail. I said I'd work up until it happened lol.... I only work part time so thought it would be fine to carry on. Well I'm due on Saturday and finding it really uncomfortable now :/ would I be able to ask to bring it forward and make this my last week? I don't really want to be going into work overdue... What do you ladies think?

Of course you should be allowed. Your amazing for doing it so long!
I'd go and see your employer or ring them ASAP and say that your finding it hard. When does your SMP start as they'll need a bit of notice for that? But they should really honour you wanting to finish now.

Well I'm in work today at 4 so I can ask about it. I'm not entitled to SMP as I don't work enough hours, I'm not sure if I'll get anything in it's place :| it's really not been explained to me...

Well I'm in work today at 4 so I can ask about it. I'm not entitled to SMP as I don't work enough hours, I'm not sure if I'll get anything in it's place :| it's really not been explained to me...

Your employer really should of spoken to you about it or your midwife. You could probably have a look and see if you can claim income support or MA.
You really ought to ask today if your finding it hard, the sooner you ask the better you may get lucky and they may let you finish from today. :thumbup:

I don't think you are actually allowed to work past your due date! x

Aslong as you earn (I think) over £30 a week for so many weeks your entitled to MA.

Your a trooper for hanging on for so long! I work one long standing shift a week and was knocking that on the head at 34 weeks!

i was told that i had to finish at least 7 days before my due date when i had DD x

Char, you should look here UK Maternity Rights
I can't believe your employer hasn't given you more advice!
Hope you get sorted with starting your leave :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->