Hmmm...superstitions?

ls318

Reaction score
So, this may seem silly to many people out there but here goes. My birthday was a week ago, but met with friends o celebrate today. So, my husband is from the Phillipines and his mother old me it was bad luck to get gifts for the baby prior to the third trimester. Well tonight a friend bought me a gift for the baby. I love the gift but now am freaked out it's bad luck. Since my miscarriage in May I have been a nervous wreck but am slowly getting better. Has anyone else experienced this or been told this? It's a silly idea right?

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Enjoy the gifts!

i wouldn't even pay attention to superstitions. My sister in law told me one something about you HAVE to bring baby home from hospital in yellow or else you will have a sick baby. Well she did that and her baby is always sick so I'm pretty sure its not true just dumb things people say to make you worry.

Thanks ladies! I agree why say things like that to a pregnant woman who is nervous anyways. Like I could keep people from buying me gifts.

All these things are silly. It's like how it's apparently bad luck to tell everyone before 12 weeks. I told everyone. Apparently bad luck to keep the pram in the house. My mom has bought prams for all her kids before they were born and kept them in the house. All nonsense. Don't worry about it :]

My fiance and his parents are from the Philippines, too. :) she never mentioned superstitions to me. We recently took his parents to the airport, they went to the Philippines, and she gave us shopping money for when we found out what we were having :) I wouldn't worry!!

I'm a little superstitious myself, due to a previous mc and two possible chemicals, we are looking, but not buying anything yet (which is driving my MIL crazy and she keeps calling us to tell us about sales, etc.). However, a co-worker left her job a few weeks and got me some little pressies, which was really sweet of her, and some other co-workers are arranging a baby shower before I go on maternity leave at Christmas, so were accepting presents, but putting them away until baby comes. My husband wants to go look at prams this week 'to get an idea', so slowly, as this little one becomes more and more active, I think we will be very actively looking! That's me/us, however, so I wouldn't worry if I were YOU, enjoy!

best wishes

i think it's rubbish tbh! When we had pops i bought loads of stuff from 12 weeks! My mum kept saying what if? what if? And that if something happened havigng the things wud make me feel worse. When we had our last mc i'd already bought some cloth nappies and they didn't make me feel worse at all. I wouldn't pay any attention at all hun.

"Third trimester" sounds so clinical and modern but most superstitions are centuries old. This sounds like it was made up yesterday (and not very legitimate). It can't hurt you!

Yah, I agree. Thank you ladies or helping me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->