hmmm..

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score
alot of the lovely ladies on here all seem 2 be going overdue!! there is no particular point to this thread, other than me being stupid lol but i need 2 vent....

why give us a EDD, yes I know its called EDD for a reason lol, estimated but it seems almost everyone is going atleast 1week over! lol ... grrrrr dating scans seem pointless :shrug:

ok i made myself look a wolly so ill go now..

teehee

Haha, Funny you should say this I was thinking the same thing this morning!

I think it's something like 5% of babies are born on there due date, I think sonogrophers should just say your baby will be here between the date of ... and ...
:haha:

It is my due date on Friday and there is no way I am getting my hopes up lol, Im thinking more of the 18th of feb maybe? :haha:

I am with you guys on this one. Although they've changed my due date so much, that my OB just says "Between April 20th and May 3rd" now. April 20th is based off last menstrual, so that's the one I keep going with.

Doesn't seem like it matters all that much, especially for my little princess, since my OB has told me that if she tries to come again, starting February 9th, they will no longer stop my labor...

So my due date could be "Any time between February 9th and May 3rd." hahaha

At my NCT classes when I was pregnant first time, we were told that around 50% of babies are early, and 50% are late (well, with a few in the middle who arrive bang on time). That surprised me actually, because I know far more people who have been late than early, especially with their first pregnancies. I was a week late last time and that last week was just a killer!

My mum was adament the baby was coming in January (I think that is what she was wishing anyway!!) so she has nearly run out of days!

I am preparing myself for still being pregnant middle Feb lol! But if a dropping bump is anything to go by in terms of when it might be here, if mine drops anymore I'm going to be kneeing it when I walk along lol!

I don't want to go overdue though...idea of stretch and sweep freaks me out and the pre-natal ward at the hospital looks horrible and I don't want to be induced as I might not be able to use the birthing unit :-(

Come on bubs!!!

xx

My mum was adament the baby was coming in January (I think that is what she was wishing anyway!!) so she has nearly run out of days!

I am preparing myself for still being pregnant middle Feb lol! But if a dropping bump is anything to go by in terms of when it might be here, if mine drops anymore I'm going to be kneeing it when I walk along lol!

I don't want to go overdue though...idea of stretch and sweep freaks me out and the pre-natal ward at the hospital looks horrible and I don't want to be induced as I might not be able to use the birthing unit :-(

Come on bubs!!!

xx

I had a stretch and sweep last time and it honestly wasn't that bad. It worked for me too, and did get things started so try not to worry. I agree that being induced doesn't look like a lot of fun.

Come on bubs!!!

xx

i was worried about having a sweep, but in the end i went for it a couple of days ago and it's really nothing to worry about, so don't worry if you do decide to give it a go.. but yeah being induced is what i'm scared of.. i've always thought i'd be having a home birth but now i'm not sure i'll get it... ya never know though! come on girly

Do you have to be over due for a stretch and sweep?

Depending on whn during the week you have your mw app they might do it at 39 or wait til 40 weeks.

I had one at 38+ weeks but I was due to be induced on my DD anyway -- though I had to go to the hospital to have it done by a doctor.

I was overdue by a few days when I had mine. I think they will generally wait until a few days past your due date. It will only work if your body is ready to go.

I have my appointment on Thursday so I will be one day before my due date x

My MW came the day after my due date to do a sweep but couldn't cuz my cervix was totally closed :(

Am now on 40+3 and seriously worried I'll have to be induced :( Due for another attempt at a sweep on Thursday - PLease baby Eli come soon!!

My MW came the day after my due date to do a sweep but couldn't cuz my cervix was totally closed :(

Am now on 40+3 and seriously worried I'll have to be induced :( Due for another attempt at a sweep on Thursday - PLease baby Eli come soon!!

eeek! I have a feeling i am going to be pretty much the same

Fingers crossed for you hun x

I am due 27th Feb but I keep thinking maybe more like beginning March sometime, which really depresses me!!!

I possibly got another 6weeks left if I go over 2weeks :cry: I will be dooooo disappointed but with the amount of ladies go over, although I know every pregnancy is different lol, I can't seem to think I will go before or even on due date, boohooo

xxx

I went day over on DD and 2 days early on DS, but this pregnancy is so different I'm thinking I will be still here a wk over think your better off thinking that way and if u go early or on time it's a bonus :haha: good luck all :)

I keep hoping not to be induced as its such a long process , I also think of my previous 3 to see if that helps give any indication but my 1st was 6 days late 2nd 6 days late 3rd 2 days early so not the foggiest lol. xxxx

I read earlier that the reason they give you the EDD is because a pregnancy on average lasts 10 lunar months (A lunar month consists of 28 days so EDD is 10 lunar months... 280 days from your last period). Why they say 28 days I don't know because a lunar month is infact 29.5306 days! So the date given in that instance will always be further along than the date they give you... it's confusing, it's weird, and the reason why they keep it like this is because it makes it easier for employers to work out maternity pay! There was a discussion at one point (again, so i've read) about changing it so instead of having an EDD it was going to be an EDW (Estimated Due Week) but like I said they kept it the way it is because of confusion. In France aparently they give you your EDD at 41 weeks.

Here's a website I found that probably doesn't make it anymore clearer but gives you a due date that's based on the true lunar dates as opposed to what the midwives give you :)

https://www.pregnancytoday.com/articles/facts-and-fun-resources/lunar-month-calculator-6157/

I read some random article the other day that says for a first pregnancy, 40+3 is generally a more accurate due date. I wish I'd saved the link now...

EDIT: Kira's link gives me February 3rd as a due date!

Going by the lunar calender thing i am due on the 13th hummm we shall see the 8th sounds better to me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"