holdin out for blw....worried

lkb21

mummy to lewbi & bobbins
Reaction score
Hi all, I've said all along i was going to do blw this time as it seems to make much more semse, but robyn honestly seems starvin.... Please tell me im doin right waitin till 6 months? She is feeding all day and night (breastfeeding), watching food (I know this can be a false sigm), lip smacking, and has even made a grab for my food a couple of times. I'm so worried that she's hungry and I'm starvin her! :(

4 month olds are usually very very hungry, there is a growth spurt then, plus, your milk contains way more calories than any early weaning foods. :)

You're doing fine, don't panic. :hugs: As Mum2b_Claire said, there is a growth spurt around that age. It's also when they start to get really curious and want to grab everything! I found it almost impossible to eat without Tabitha lunging for my plate, so I started putting her in the highchair with a sippy cup and some cutlery to play with. She really enjoyed being included in family mealtimes.

When mine was 4 months, he was going through 70oz a day. It's a massive growth spurt, probably the worst one. We started BLW at almost 7 months and he was fine, didn't starve (and is now 24lbs, Lol). Don't worry, this is totally normal, even though it is exhausting.

honestly you are doing fine, Dont give in!
Everyone always said "ohh shes hungry" right around the age your LO is..
i waited until 6 months on the dot. And she had eating down to an art. she didnt starve and is now on the 75centile...
Remember your BM contains many more calories than many foods that a 4 month old could eat...
step back from the food mommy :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"