• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Holding off TTC for a vacay...question

Autumnflower

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Just booked a vacation for the last week of February. I held off TTC in January because I really didn't want to be pregnant on our vacation. This is the first real vacation my DH and I have taken in the last 7 years. Even on our honeymoon my DH was technically working. lol So I am thrilled even though its only for a week! :happydance:

I just realized that if AF comes on time this month that I will most likely be ovulating during our vacation. I plan on letting loose and enjoying the drinks south of the border... this is a silly question I'm sure, if I happen to conceive during our trip is it okay that we both were drinking at the time? If it will negatively affect anything then obviously we would hold off TTC during our vacation. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Hiya,

I was drinking around the time I conceived as at the time I didn't understand much about ovulation etc as it was the first month I started charting.

I think it's best to not be drinking and to boost your chances of conception, but I also don't think that it makes tooooo much difference at the point of conception. I guess it's personal choice.

Good luck!

Not that I'm really encouraging it but my BIL and SIL finally got pregnant after trying for 1Year+ On a weekend that they partied and drank, a lot. So for them it actually helped and their daughter is the cutest thing in the world! And very smart!

I think because implantation takes a wk or so during that period the baby is not affected by things you eat and drink. So if you have had some alcohol when you conceive it doesn't matter too much. I may be wrong. We are going away end of Feb too, I ovulate the wk before we go away so I may find out I'm pregnant while we're on holidays :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"