Holiday and maternity leave

squishorz

Reaction score
I have already asked for my maternity leave to start 1st Jan, and I have one week booked for after xmas. This has been accepted, and I had originally planned to go back into work [as I have been off on sick], and book the rest of my holidays to make my weeks shorter and easier.
I now have no intention of going back to work as my back in incredibly painful at times and I don't wanna end up in hospital again. I work in a factory so the work is too heavy for me at this stage.
I don't know what to do as my bosses have been very mean since I notified them of my pregnancy and I know they might try and con me out of my holiday pay :(
Holidays don't get carried over in work, if we don't take them we don't even get paid for them.
As I am on sick leave, does this mean I will not get the holidays that I'm entitled to take?

im in the same situation.. im off sick and ive asked to start maternity leave at 36 weeks (3rd january) and to take my holidays about 4 weeks before this.. its been 24 days and not heard back yet.

Put it in writing and send it recorded delivery xx

with my employer they cancelled all of my annual leave when i was on sick for 6 weeks. they told me if i wasent fit to work, im not fit to take annual/holiday leave. they can do this, so i would ask them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->