Holiday or not?

MissN8

Reaction score
hi, me and OH are not well off so have to put savings aside for maternity leave. we were talking about having one last holiday before ttc although if we do this it will eat into savings and put our ttc date back. I have waited so long to ttc and still have a bit to go, I am so ready and broody but thinking it would also be nice to get away to the sun too. any advise please? should we just go on a wee break closer to home instead which would be cheaper and perhaps we could try to conceive sooner?

I would discuss it with your OH! Personally, I wouldn't be able to wait any longer to TTC lol. I was WTT for two years before TTC. BUT if you are really wanting a vacation, I would definitely go on one a bit closer to home! That is just my opinion though... I know I couldn't wait. :) Good luck!

When do you an to ttc ? And how long will it take for you to save the money up again that you spend in a holiday? I would consider going on holiday but what about a cheaper holiday? You can get some good deals if you either book in advance or wait until last minute

if you go out of school time you could get a week away all inclusive for less than £800, surely that wouldnt eat too much into your savings!
i always think with breaks in the UK, by the time you've paid train/petrol, hotel, meals out its a good few hundred so why not just spend a few more hundred and get a nice week away somewhere hot!
if it will really set you back and you have your heart set on a TTC date, then I would say dont do it but if it was me, I would want a little break before all the madness of TTC/pregnancy/having a baby :)

We live in N. Ireland so some nice places closer just not guaranteed sun. If i could get a cheapy i wud go away to sun will perhaps leave it closer to time. I am early 30s so time is not on our side our ttc date is hopefully end of year. Thanks for the advice girls how long have you got to go?

All inclusive is the way foreword. Me and my family got an all inclusive to Corfu for 250 per person 4* hotel. The drinks were basic, beer wine vodka gin. But apart from that it was fine the accommodation was good too.
Me and my f went to Egypt for 550 per person 5* all inclusive and it was great.you could drink cocktails and there was 4 places to eat all included and there was a man by the pool handing you drinks as you sun bathed. It was amazing! So worth the money!

I have booked a week away in May and then another holiday in July which is the month we will start ttc. I sort of regret it a bit now as we are saving as much as possible but know we also need spending money for these holidays. But... when we have a baby holidays will not be happening anywhere near as often as they do now so I'm going to enjoy them while they're still relaxing adult holidays :)

Before we conceived DD we had a big expensive holiday. It was one we knew we wanted to do as a couple before ttc. I'm so glad we did, it was an amazing holiday and we both came back feeling really ready to start our family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->