Holiday or TTC?

ktod

Reaction score
SELFISH THREAD ALERT!!!!

So I wanted to TTC#2 in August 2014 originally (I'm talking about way back when LO was under 1) but as this approached I wasn't really excited about TTC so I pushed it back to Jan 2015.

Now I think I'm having a turning 30 crisis....instead of worrying about fertility I want to go on a girly holiday to Ibiza next summer!!! This means potentially I'm pushing TTC back until summer 2015.

I am torn about this decision though, because I definitely want to TTC and I know how fertility decreases with age so I'm not sure it's the right thing to do delaying TTC. A baby is much more important than a week of cocktails in the sun. But on the other hand, if I have a baby next year I don't know if my last "girly hol" will ever happen as I'm predicting most of my friends will be on and off being pregnant over the next few years. We're all hitting that time of our lives!

What would you do?

Is there a way you and your friends can go on vacation earlier than next summer? I'm the same age as you so I worry about fertility issues too. I would be torn between the vacation and ttcing if I were in your shoes.

well if you think you would regret not going on holiday i would say go for it... its only another 6 months and at 30 i dont think it will make that much difference
dont feel selfish! you have to think about your happiness too sometimes! not saying a new baby wouldnt make you happy but what if you could have the holiday and the new baby! :flower:

I agree with callmedan your not that old so 6 months went make that much difference but you can't take it back once it's here, you dint want to resent it for what you're missing out on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"