Holiday spending money

Discussion in 'Work & Finance' started by Teri7489, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Teri7489

Teri7489 Proud mummy

We (me, hubby, 4 and 2 yo) are going to North Wales this year for a 2 week caravan holiday in June. It's a Haven site but lots to do around it.

What's a reasonable amount to take for spending money? Will be having breakfast in caravan before we go out, taking a picnic lunch most days for the beach or in the car and some nights eating back in the caravan.

Hubby has broken his foot and has had a few weeks of work so now money is a little tight. We do have some saved but just wondering what other people think is a reasonable amount?

2. mumandco

mumandco Well-Known Member

50-70 a day?
    When we go away (Butlins 4 days) we take around £6-£700 we always always come home with atleast £200 but apart from breakfast we eat out every meal time- though usually it’s one big meal and a hotdog with some snacks for tea as my los aren’t big eaters.

You can make a holiday as cheap or as expensive as you want and I’m sure you would still have the same amount of fun.

3. julianaray

julianaray Guest

I usually take £550 pounds and try to minimize other unnecessary expenses so that I can enjoy 100% by spending less. :)

4. Alice_Conley

Alice_Conley Member

I did not even expect that such a holiday would be so expensive

5. Otto Rogers

Otto Rogers New Member

It all depends on your financial condition. I would spend about $ 100 a day.