holiday

jem_5500

Reaction score
We are looking at booking a holiday in January and bubs will only be about 8 weeks. Its only to Malta and we know its only chance we will et for break for a while and quite excited. I have woken up in a panic wondering weather it is ok to take an 8 week old on holiday or just plain foolish!!:blush:

i have a holiday booked for 2weeks time, booked in october, i dont know if i can go, as ive been nauseous and not sure how ll feel in 2 weeks. With regards to the plane, i dont think really it affects an early pregnancy at all. Has anyone said different?

My friend took her LO to Spain not long after she was born, and they were ok, and her LO took it well.

As for planes in early pregnancy , i think if you havent had any problems so far, you should be ok. the only time I was told not to go on a plane was when they diagnosed me with a blighted ovum last year and were worried that I may miscarry back at the worng time - on a plane.

Nevertheless i didn't listen, and scared as I was throughout the whole holiday, i was fine.

being on a plane in early pregnancy is more to do with if you get into a sticky situation, you wont have the help you need.

About going on a holiday with a small baby. There are + and -.
+ Are that because baby will be so small he/she will sleep most of the time during the day. There is no fuss with baby food (all you will need boobies/formula). The routine at that stage is pretty easy. (Comparing to older baby).
- Infections (but as you are not going somewhere like Kenya I am sure if you have any problems you will be able to get qualified medical help). And you will be tired all the time.

Basically, it is easier when the baby is still small.

About travelling in early stages. it is absolutely fine if you don't have any complications. My advice would be to by ginger pills and take 2 one hour before flight and just in case get a sick bag (what worked best for me was 2 plastic bags put into each other and filled with toilet paper. Sorry if TMI but it meant nothing leaked).

:hug::hug::hug:

I am going on holiday next week to Turkey. To be honest I am really nervous about it, but I figure I can't lock myslef in a room for 9 months in case soemthing goes wrong with this pregnancy, what will be will be.

My question is, does anyone know whether you have to inform your travel insurance that you are pregnant? I have anual cover through my bank and I would hate something to happen over there and then to find out I am not covered. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Cat
x

I had a holiday booked to Cuba in June with a friend of mine but I'm trying to get another friend to go now in my place.

I would still LOVE to go but I would be worried in case I got sick and was so far away from home, and without my OH. I didn't also think it was fair to my friend, as she wouldn't be wanting to look after a non-drinking, tired, hormonal pregnant woman!

I suppose there is alwyas next year! :/

Thank you guys, I realise didnt make it clear what I meant in my tired state this morning! I am was going to take LO when born, we avoiding hols until then as i would worry the whole time!! I reckon the passport pic will be fun to take thoughg!
Enjoy your holidays ladies! I have another pile of brchures to look thru we are htinking Malta!

I think it will be fun and maybe a lil stressful. We are going on a trip but havent booked it yet because i have been so nervous not knowing what to expect with a lil one on a plane, But we are still going to go through with it, we will be seeing family, so i know that it will be so worth it to see my family after having the baby!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->