holidays and pregnancy

H

hungry

hi all

this is my forst pregnancy and we are considering one last holiday...
would you think its better to travel when pregnant and not have a holiday abroad for a fair few years or would you forgo the holiday in pregnancy and go in the babys 1st or 2nd year?

also does anyone know of any good yet cheap travel insurance companies that cover pregnancy?

thanks all xx

im going on a hen weekend to spain when im 20 weeks! lol! all insurances cover pregnancy you just tell them usually no extra cost im covered with my bank ( you might be too! bonus!)
as for wether to forgo the holiday and take baby in 1st or 2nd year thats eniterly up to you.. im not plannign any holiday with baby abroad for some time,, partialy cause im at uni too but also cause i freely admit it that im one of thoes people of a plane that go oh heck got the baby behind me! crying all the time mym uncormfortable cause baby on her lap... kicking my chair... freely admit that THATS ME!!! lol!
but maybe when baby is 2-3 i would they undertand so much more! wont remeber it but they understand! lol
perhaps have a nice week in center parks have walks a nice week or long weekend just you too saying that u could do it abroad too! (i wanna go dineyland paris! and paris city) but dont see the point as i cant go any rides :-( lol! but may go paris and have a nice weekend just mummy and daddy to be!

I plan on doing both, but given the choice i guess i'd go with the holiday now :shrug: seriously personally i'd throw a tantrum if someone took away my holidays though :haha: and i've put up with enough screaming babies on planes to take my own and make a racket!!! :rofl:

Both!! :happydance:
With my son, I traveled to England (from Canada) when I was 28 weeks and flew back right around 30 weeks. Now I'm pregnant with #2 and my DH and I are taking our 14 month old to Alaska next month. :)

Depends what kind of holiday you want though. Right now you can still relax a fair amount and do what YOU want to do. With an infant/toddler, there are a lot more restrictions but you'll create some great family memories. :D I'm not sure about travel insurance but a travel agent will be able to help you pick the best coverage. Have fun whatever you choose!!

You can go on holiday now and when baby is born, I go away next week and cant wait and we will hopefully just have our yearly holiday as usual when baby comes too :)

I have been abroad whilst being pregnant this time, when Bubs is born for the first couple of years we will be doing all the Uk beachy holidays like Devon, Scarborough, Cornwall etc. When Bubs is around 24 months we will start looking abroad again. x x

I've got a solo motorcycle trip to Las Vegas scheduled in a month and a half. I just got my BFP this past week. I'm hoping to still be able to do it and planning to not tell my parents about the pregnancy until afterward. I'm 32 years old, but mom still goes crazy with worry whenever I go on a moto trip.

DH and I also plan to fly to New York and Pennsylvania in August for his grandmother's 90th birthday party. That's in the 2nd tri, so I'm not too concerned about it.. other than the horribly old and cramped bathroom facilities at his Nana's house in the PA mountains.

I think you should go for it!!

Regarding the insurance, where do you live? If you live in the UK and use a UK based insurance you dont need to inform your insurance provider (I checked with mine anyway) you are still covered for any emergencies during pregnancy with most policies.

:flower:

We are doing a little week long thing this summer I will be around 25 weeks ish... Year 2 or so of the little one's life we are going to Europe (I have never been) for honeymoon and the Mom is going to watch the kiddo!!

I'm all for both. Granted our trips with the boys have not been as far as the UK for us but we go to Australia which is a a 3hr flight. I went to the states preggo for 7 weeks. I don't think you should let it change things although financially it does to an extent

I think most places children under 2 fly and stay for free, so after having the baby is great! If they're very small (newborn), they'll sleep most of the time anyways. So if you go to a beach vacation, they just go under an umbrella, all warm and cozy.

I recently took my son from Canada to Cuba at 17.5 months old and he had a blast! I was almost 4 months pregnant at the time too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->