Hollywood here i come...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by NicolaWynne, Nov 15, 2011.

1. NicolaWynne

NicolaWynne Guest

Okay so i cant see "down there" and i give up trying to shave so i have booked myself in for a wax on saturday... i want everything off. This is okay at 29 weeks isnt it?? :haha:

Also, i've noticed my baby blues have gone :happydance: a few weeks ago i felt really down in the dumps all of a sudden, but now i feel happy and content again. Did anyone else go through a period of feeling down in the dumps, around 24-27 weeks??

Hope everyone is well :flower:

2. flippityflop

flippityflop Well-Known Member

I had a Hollywood at 28 weeks. GOOD GOD. I've never had one before, only a Brazilian.

My OH hated the everything off thing, made him feel a bit odd...

Will have a Brazilian again before LO arrives, I think. Half of me doesn't care anymore!

And yes, I was down in the dumps from about 20 - 27 weeks. I just feel so bloody miserable and HATED being pregnant. Feeling a lot more cheerful now although just achy now. Glad you're feeling better! x

3. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

i found waxing much sorer when pregnant last time! I just shave now.

4. NicolaWynne

NicolaWynne Guest

Yeahh i think im gonna keep having it waxed now until shes born, should only need it done a few times because it lasts a few weeks doesnt it... I know its gonna hurt but tough because childbirth is going to be alot worse! lol.

Weird you felt the same, perhaps its common to feel that way around that time... glad were both feeling better now though!! x

5. NicolaWynne

NicolaWynne Guest

Yeah i've heard it can hurt more, more sensitivity etc... things us ladies have to go through ey!

6. redstiletto

redstiletto Mom and WTT #2

I've only gotten Brazilians...what is a Hollywood? I'm from California so you'd think I'd know but I have no clue. Fail lol

7. AmyR

AmyR Mother of 2 girls!

I cant handle ANY type of waxing, threading, etc pregnant! I just shave and tweeze!

8. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

All off!

9. redstiletto

redstiletto Mom and WTT #2

Ahh ok. Thanks! I guess it's just another synonym lol

10. ashlee23

ashlee23 Well-Known Member

get them to use comfort wax hun, even pregnant i find they barely hurt. compared to strip wax they r fantastic! i get hollywoods too n seriously almost pain free! xx

11. heaven

heaven Mommy of 2 Beautiful Girl

I am licensed and when my patients were preggers, they felt it more BUT they usually like the results so much that it overrides any feelings of pain. It is only temporary anyway. Soak in a epsom salt bath after any bikini wax to remove the pink irritation or bumps. (don't know if you can while pregnant though-so ask your MW or doc.)

12. Dogtanian

Dogtanian Well-Known Member

I usually shave everything off but had a hollywood a couple of weeks ago,it hurts but is well worth it to not have to worry about whats going on down there! I find it so uncomfortable to even shave my legs in the bath now let alone anything else.

:dust:

13. Gems89

Gems89 Well-Known Member

My hair grows back way too quickly, a day after shaving and 3-4 after waxing, completely given up, will try and shave whilst in labour or get waxed the day before induction!

14. crazylilth1ng

crazylilth1ng Well-Known Member

I want a Hollywood but can't be bothered to go get one done!! When I'm not preg I'm always completely bald down there!!!

15. Dogtanian

Dogtanian Well-Known Member

Theres not much i can be bothered to do at the moment but that is so worth it,makes you feel so good afterwards.I got mine done for £15 as the beautician is just starting out,she was great
    :dust: