Hollywood Twins

Another possiblity is that many of the women in Hollywood wait to have babies in their late 30s/early 40s. By that time, it is much more common to double or even triple ovulate.
It is also a time when you are much more likely to need assisted fertility, due to age.
Women coming off years of ovulation-suppressing birth control pills will also superovulate. My SIL had fraternals right after 8 years on the pill.

It's a little fishy...

Their either really impatient to have a baby and refuse to ttc for a while or they are actually infertile.
I bet that if it is the latter they're ashamed to admit it :roll:

If they're infertile, then I can understand. However, a lot of these couples already had children previously (Angelina & Brad, Lisa Marie Presley, etc.) which makes me suspicious.

I suppose theres a *tiny* possibility that they're all natural, but the fact that they're all fraternal also adds to the suspicion as identical twins can only happen naturally...hmmm...

I don't know...I just don't plan on drinking the water in Hollywood anytime soon! :rofl:

Lisa Marie is the daughter of Elvis and he was a twin, but his twin died young so it would be in her heritage to have twins. :)

i hope it's not true.. although, they have the money to throw around, why not make life easier for them!

it's just sad because some people who really deserve children and struggle, can't afford to just decide to have in vitro merely out of pure laziness and greed.

grrr...

reason i'd be very suspicious is that everything in hollywood is a TREND.. there was a HUGE baby boom, and now suddenly everyone is having twins? seems to me it was indeed made to be that way...

I think it's sad to have twins as part of a trend (if that is indeed true) and I think having them to a 'schedule' is a bit weird ... but then I know plenty of horsey friends who have 'planned' their kids so they are biggest over winter ... the horses get time off outside of comp season .. Don't miss out on comps or qualifiers etc etc

I think someone's point about the age of a lot of hollywood mums is also important ... they may be older and may wish to go straight to 'intervention' rather than spend 6/12 months hoping, wishing and waiting ... as I'm sure any of the TTC girls will attest too ... its a very long time, particularly if you are over 35 and all the books are saying your past your prime (I am IN NO WAY saying this is true!! just quoting literature! Please do not stone me :blush:)
It is quite possible that 'intervention' is drugs such as Clomid - which also increases the incident of multiples in pregnancy.
I'm not saying I agree necessarily, just that I don't think anyone put themselves through a process like IVF with out some careful thought and consideration...

*plays devils advocate*

It's a little fishy...

Their either really impatient to have a baby and refuse to ttc for a while or they are actually infertile.
I bet that if it is the latter they're ashamed to admit it :roll:

If they're infertile, then I can understand. However, a lot of these couples already had children previously (Angelina & Brad, Lisa Marie Presley, etc.) which makes me suspicious.

I suppose theres a *tiny* possibility that they're all natural, but the fact that they're all fraternal also adds to the suspicion as identical twins can only happen naturally...hmmm...

I don't know...I just don't plan on drinking the water in Hollywood anytime soon! :rofl:

Lisa Marie is the daughter of Elvis and he was a twin, but his twin died young so it would be in her heritage to have twins. :)

True, but I thought twins were supposed to skip a generation?
I'm not sure if its true, just something I've heard over time...anyone know if it's true?

I heard twins skip a generation my mothers mom is a twin, None of her kids had twins, I have 42 cousins and the only one carrying twins so far and theres only my sister and older brother who isnt fixed or doesnt have kids yet. Its also the woman who carries the twin gene.

I use to LOVE J-Lo and was very happy to hear she finally had the family wanted..I dont agree with her husband but who am I to have a say in that.

I cant really say its a bad trend but its not a healthy one either because NOT all twins make it to full term and need extra help just to make it through to the next step of life, and celebs make it sound like its all icing on cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->