holy CRAZY week

kristymarie17

Reaction score
Good Morning everyone!! What a week it has been for me. Seems like I'm going to start being more active around here...FYI this is a LONG post!

earlier this week I posted about some spotting issues I had going on...and I had no idea what was going on and I was sure I wasn't pregnant.

let me back track a bit, when I first signed up for this site, SO and I were trying. I was trying to track ovulation, and temping and all that stuff....well is started to become a chore and life got ahead of us and we just kind of fell off and said if it happens it happens, but we're too busy for all this stuff. So anyways...months went by with AF showing up every month and we just went on with life as normal. I was working almost 70 hour weeks, and SO had family in town for what seemed like FOREVER and time freakin' FLEW by. But anyway...lets try and make this huge long story short.

2 weeks ago, May 7th, I had some very light pink spotting from Sunday - Monday. I didn't think anything of it really, I just thought it was the start of my period since I was due any day anyways and dealt with it. Well by Tuesday that was all gone, and I didn't even realize it. Well this past Monday, the 15th...I woke up and went pee before I was gonna start getting ready for work, and there was some bright red. I thought there's AF. got in the shower, got ready for work, grabbed a box of tampons and went on my way. It was time to go change my tampon, but when I pulled it out (TMI sorry) there was hardly anything in it. I was super confused, but whatever just left one out. The rest of the day I only had any red or pink after I wiped. It was never in my underwear or anything. Tuesday came, I was talking with my SO in the morning time saying how this is so weird, idk what's going on. My period is usually pretty regular every 30 days. He asked if I was pregnant, I said no way. I don't have any signs of it, I would know for sure. But hey I'm going to take a test when I get home just to be safe. well...I got home and took a test....BOOM 2 big fat lines on that test almost right away.

https://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/kristycruz0417/IMG_4166_zpsn4hk1quc.jpg
(They're in a bag because I have them in my purse, I brought them to the Dr's office with me. And then when I took one last night I threw it in there too. Idk I'm crazy.)

my heart starting pounding, (I'm still sitting on the toilet by the way) I got all warm and starting sweating and was in shock. No freakin' way am I pregnant. I called SO right away, told him that I'm pregnant and his first words were, "I'm gonna be a daddy?!" I almost melted right then in there down the toilet into the sewer. lol jk but for real... :cloud9:
So gets home, we're taking this all in, and keep looking at the test and asking ourselves is this real life? I end up passing out early because I was exhausted.

Wednesday, I wake up...more bleeding...still light, don't need a pad or anything. But I started to get in my head...what if I'm miscarrying early. What am I supposed to do? I've never done this before, I don't know what's going on. I feel like I have cramps but it could all be in my head, I started to freak out. (horrible drama queen, I know. guilty.) I spent all morning trying to get into the doctors office. Finally, what feels like forever, my OB's office called back and said I can come in at 3:30.

I get to the OB's office, they do a urine test which was positive. They think I'm 6 weeks based on last months period. They then did a vaginal scan. The scanner checked for an ectopic pregnancy, which my tubes were fine. She scanned everything, but we couldn't find the gestational sac. Now they say that you can't see the sac until your HCG levels are at least above 1000...? I guess idk. But she couldn't see it. She kept saying my lining was really thick which was good, and she doesn't see any signs of miscarrying. So where is this little babe?? The only thing she could think of is that I ovulated late, and I'm not as far along as they think I am. So we took some blood and they ran that.

My HCG was at 523 and my progesterone is at 9.21. My OB said that I need to come in Friday (today) for another STAT blood draw to see if my HCG levels have doubled...and she prescribed me progesterone vaginal suppositories. :| yikes! So I've been doing that every night before bed time.

So now, in 2 hours, I go get my blood drawn again and i'll find out hopefully by the afternoon if my HCG level has gone up. Cross your fingers for me that it has and this little babe sticks!!!

Thank you so much for reading if you got this far. I'm very excited :) :)

Congratulations!! Good luck with the blood draw :)

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months! :happydance:

I hope the blood tests went well :)

:cry: Friday results came back, HCG only went up 25. It was at 548 on Friday. My OB was sure this was the start of a miscarriage. I had to go back in today for another blood draw, I had been bleeding all weekend of course. My levels came back today, HCG was 53.

I go in next Tuesday for another blood draw to make sure everything is normal and my levels are zero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->