Holy Heartburn Hell

gatormom2tots

Reaction score
So its 4 AM in the morning and I can't sleep due to heartburn. Been up every hour and finally just gave up sleeping.

I am on prescription meds, taking over the counter stuff, and have been drinking milk all night long- nothing is relieving it.

IN all 3 pregnancies tonight is the worst its ever been.

Ok...complaining done.

i've heard you're not supposed to drink milk for heartburn as it actually increases the acidity in your stomach and therefor makes it worse. :shrug:

a little tmi, but i once stuck my finger down my throat until i vomited, found that helped. it's only ever been bad enough that i've willingly made myself vomit once though.

Do you have gaviscon over there? It is the best cure for heartburn and I swear by it. Hope it eases soon. Also, make sure you eat a few hours before going to bed as eating then lying down will always trigger it x

I swear by yogurt or cheese triangles (the dairylea sprea ones) when the Davisson doesn't help, for some people dairy makes it worse for others it makes it better it's just a matter of trial and error.

my midwife told me vanilla custard, i tried it and it worked! and its yummy!

My doctor gave me something called peptac liquid and it taste like aniseed. It works a treat but is absolutely revolting and has the consistency of old thick sperm. :sick: lol

ha ha peptac is my best friend too!
I have the peppermint flavour though which is slightly better tasting!
I could not get to slepp without it :D

Are you taking Zantac? It's the only thing that helps me. That and sitting up but that's so annoying to do in the middle of the night.

Oh hun :( i feel your pain, im on ranitidine that my doctor gave me and still drinking gaviscon by the bottle most nights! At least your close to the finish line :) just keep thinking about that.

i drink milk throughout the day for heartburn and it soes help for minor heartburn but not mega heartburn which i normally get at night i have a large bottle of gaviston by my bed and a spoon i wake up 3 or 4 times in the night with heart burn and that really helps it and it cannot harm baby its been used for many years and you take as much as you need throughout day and night, try to sleep alittle upright too as lying down causes the acid to just lay on chest and causes the burning sensation! hope this helps you. vanilla custard iv heard is good but i wouldnt want that at 2,3,4 in the morning throughout the day maybe yeah! xxx

Milk might help for quick relief but that's about it. It just makes it worse in the long run. I take 150mg of Zantac twice a day (once in the morning and once closer to bed time) and keep tums by the bed as well. I try not to eat anything a couple hours before bed because the food just kind of sits there and doesn't digest as fast. My heartburn is so bad I breathe fire sometimes! Hope that helps!!

Thanks for understanding ladies!

JUst so freakin tired of it......the only thing that really helped was the prescription I was given for my 1st which is no longer covered by my insurance.

It has been better......but now I got a crick in my neck from sleeping with my head up!

I guess I need to just suck it up........its my last and I only have a couple more weeks to go!

You poor thing! :( Heartburn at night is the worst. Usually the tums & a glass of milk helps me, but I see you said they've done nothing for you so far.
Sorry I can't be of more help! Hope your heartburn settles down soon! :flow:

It's foul isn't it. I drink chocolate milk before bed and take Ranitidine, which helps a bit. Even sitting up right all night doesn't help much. I'm also for not eating for several hours before bed, because I find the later I eat the worse it is and sometimes I get a mouthful of regurgitated food (TMI)

I guess the only cure is labour! :dohh:I hope it eases for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->