Home birth and neighbours..

RoxyRoo

Mummy to two <3
Reaction score
Hi ladies, we're expecting our first baby in October and I'm really hoping for a home water birth.

We live in a terraced cottage and I was just wondering if a home birth was right with neighbours in such close proximity :haha: Luckily, we have an amazing relationship with the neighbours either side so I'm not actually bothered about them hearing anything.

My question really is how likely are they to hear me?

How loud were you during your home births and did your neighbours hear you?

This is in no way going to affect my decision for home birth, it's more out of curiosity than anything :flower:

I tend to find women a nowhere near as loud as they think they are. Some women are very primal and loud and others are completely internalized and quiet. Wouldn't worry too much honey - they may well be out, asleep or away when ut happens! :winkwink:

Howdy, I told my neighbors about potential noise, I got a bit primal during crowning but that was all, I thought I'd be really loud. The people over the fence from me were having a party when I was in labour, that was annoying!

We live in a semi next to students...didnt bother telling them, theyre noisey enough themselves!

I was zoned out and quiet at home, got a bit moany when I got transferred to hospital though.

I wouldnt worry.

I wonder about this too, but our neighbours hate us :dohh:

I'll just have to try and build back a positive relationship during the pregnancy, that way if I'm a screamer hopefully they won't be *too* annoyed!

i think some women are louder when dtd than i am in labour lol! I dont think im too bad! I have always given birth in the middle of the night as well so it was all quiet around so people may have heard some noise but no-one has ever mentioned it!! According to my sister at times i sounded a bit like a whale and a bit like a primitive cave woman :lol:

I was totally quiet during my labour and delivery with DD2. We live in an end terrace house and our 2 older children were upstairs in bed and my Dad was sat upstairs in our bedroom and none of them heard a thing. Our children slept right through.

xx

I hardly made any noise. The only time I did was when I was pushing and I kept asking if they could see the baby yet (becasue I had a leg cramp)

pah what can they do come around and complain, call the council/police??

Good luck to them.

I live in a flat right in the middle of the block, and we asked two sets of neighbours afterwards did they hear anything, both said nothing! I thought I was quite loud while I was pushing, but it's all relative, if you're in a room with three excited midwives and OH and you're working harder than you've ever worked in your life... you're going to sound loud! If they did complain at the time, I really would tell them (get OH to tell them) to shove off.

I mooed, i mean really REALLY mooed with every contraction for hours and then when it came to crowning i screamed once really loud and remember thinking "oh my god, was that me?!" :haha:

So if we do have a homebirth this time i think i will have to give the neighbours a heads up or they might be worrying what on earth is going on :wacko: we live in a terrace but i'll only tell one side, as the guy on the other side is a total odd bod anyway who has been quite nasty with us on occasion so i don't feel like sharing our plans with him!

With my first I was really quiet, with Lottie I was mooing like a cow lol. It was a much quicker intense labour though. I suppose what I'm saying is you don't know, but I can assure you something, you won't care at the time lol x

I warned my neighbours we were planning a homebirth. The lady asked if she could come and watch :rofl: Unfortunately it didn't happen, maybe next time

My neighbours happen to be my parents :haha: Maybe give them £40 to go out to the pub :haha:
I never made and noise other than shouting that I didnt want to do this bit as it hurt last time :haha: then telling my DH to fuck off when he said just stop then.

do u worry about having sex and ur neighbours hearing lol?
i make more noise dtd then i did giving birth to my son, i didnt scream like u see in films so i doubt anyone will be hearing me :)

My neighbours happen to be my parents :haha: Maybe give them £40 to go out to the pub :haha:
I never made and noise other than shouting that I didnt want to do this bit as it hurt last time :haha: then telling my DH to fuck off when he said just stop then.

Haha, how in the world were you supposed to stop? :rofl:

Thanks for the replies everyone, they were really helpful :)

Like I said in the OP, I'm not worried about them hearing me, I was more curious if they would.. We get on really well with both sets of neighbours and they think it's great that we're planning a home birth - infact so great that they'll probably be spying through the window :haha:

Like you all said, it doesn't matter if they hear me anyway, I'm sure they've heard worse in the 6 years that we've lived here :haha:

I had a home birth and also live in a terrace house, I delivered my baby at 2.55am and didn't even wake my sleeping children let alone the neighbours so don't worry huni I am sure it will be fine goodluck xx

I hope my neighbours hear me, they're right pain in the arses with noise. They work nightshift and come knocking complaining when we've taken the day off work to do DIY or whatever then proceed to go clattering around their house at ridiculous times at night that keep us awake.

I hope I do disturb them :haha: just a little bit xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"