Home Birth is off - Gutted!!

Hi Girls
Thanks so much for all your support and help.
Our baby is here. He arrived on teh 10th after I went into labour myself.
Will write our my birth story - which was nothing like we expected but the most important thing is our wee baby boy - weighing in at 8 lbs 6.5oz
K xx

:hugs:

I refused induction and admission. When I told my midwife she just kind of rolled her eyes. I went into labour naturally at 40+14 and was scanned in early labour and reviewed by the CONSULTANT and allowed home to labour. I did progress to a section for a high fetal heart rate, but I do think the outcome would have been worse if I had been induced or been admitted to hospital earlier in my labour.

Yea I still feel really strongly that you need to tell the midwife that you will be delivering at home. There is no medical reasoning that says it's not unsafe to deliver there. So he's a little late? He just wants to take his good 'ol time. If the fluids are fine, your fine and he's fine then there again is no medical reason to say otherwise. Remember that you have the RIGHT to your homebirth still. They can suggest, but they can no force or tell you to do anything. Many women go on to have a homebirth after the standard "40+12".

If nothing else at least deny the induction. Again if you and bubs are healthy then there's no reason why you would need one. And maybe (depending on your hospital) You can still give birth in water if you go into labour naturally. Even if it's 40+19.

I totally agree with these ladies. You can still insist on your home birth. It is YOUR decision. The french don't consider 42 over term, just term. You have to do what you are happy with.. whatever your decision is.

Have you tried a strech and sweep? Worked for me. As I had gestational diabetes, they (consultants) wanted me in at 40 weeks.. I said I would go to 42.. and still want my home birth - but in the end, my wonderful midwife offered me the sweep, and that got the lo moving!

Good luck.

-----------------------------
Just goes to show, I should have read through the whole thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!! Well done Mummy!
xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back