home birth or not

Mum2beagen

Reaction score
hi im just wondering if there is anyone who has had a home birth and would do it again.
This is my second baby and this time round i would like a home birth but i dont know what to expect so im just wondering if any one has been in the same boat as me but has then decided on a home birth and it went good.
Thanks

My third baby was born at home and if we have anymore, I will plan for them to be born at home too. :)

Absolutely! Alex was my first and would definitely plan for a home birth again if I ever have another baby. I would only birth in a hospital if there was a real danger to either myself or my baby. x

Every woman I've ever talked to who has had a homebirth says they would want to have any subsequent babies at home.

^^^ that was going to be my exact words kiwi :thumbup:

I couldn't imagine doing it anyother way now! xx

i too am thinking of a homebirth. just worried incase something goes wrong :S

x

You could try reading some of the home birth stories to ease your mind.

I was feeling the same as you, a bit apprehensive about a home birth but after finding out hospital has only 1pool and it is really popular they can't guarantee it will be available, and I just didn't really like the labour rooms/wards I decided to book a home birth.

I too was/am a bit worried about complications especially as this is my 1st and I have no idea what to expect! My has MW assured me an ambulance will be on standby I would have 2qualified mws with me from 5cm dilated, she also said if I can't cope with the pain and want stronger pain relief then g&a I can be transferred at any point.

I only have 3wks til D-day so will let you know how it all went. I have bought a pool and everything else I need for HB so fingers crossed It will all go to plan xxx

They can do everything they can in a Birth Centre at a home birth so if you'd consider a BC then home is the same only it's YOUR space.

It's the number one response or wobble - what if something goes wrong - but your MWs (who are looking after you on a 1-1 basis and not looking after several labouring women as they might be in a busy hospital) are looking WAY ahead of time....they are watching and planning so that transfers etc are taken into account. :)

I had one and it was the best thing ever. I got to labour in my bathtub with my husband and 2 midwives (and a student!) hanging out with me, I got to make as much noise as I wanted without feeling embarassed, put music on my laptop, have the TV on, walk around naked, hide in my own bathroom, eat whatever I wanted as we had it in the cupboard/freezer (ICE POPS!!), and best of all, crawl into my own bed after :D

I was transferred in labour, blue lighted down Gosforth High street to the RVI during rush hour and ended up with a section.....
...But I'd still try for a home birth again!

The bit of the labour I was at home for was totally fab and the transfer was quick, safe, easy and necessary. So even though things went "wrong" starting out at home was still the best option for me and will be next time.

I really want a home birth and though my midwife is definitely not against it, she said things can and do go wrong sometimes and I might end up giving birth in an ambulance.
When I tell my friends and family that I want to have it home I get some worried looks and even my mom, who I thought would be really supportive, is not keen. I know they just want me to be in good hands but I HATE the idea of being in a hospital with strangers. I want to have it in a nice birthing pool in the middle of my living room with my hubby and mom by my side. Apparently we have a good birthing centre at Stoke Mandeville in Alyesbury but I am still concerned about getting the water birth I am determined to have!

Anyone face disapproval for their first baby plus a home birth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->