Home Birth Question :)

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
So i had my MW appointment and she ran through my option eg hospital v home birth and it got me thinking. Last time my labour lasted just short of 5 hours. That was from 0 to 7cm in about 1 and half hours then the rest getting to 10cm and pushing. I had Gas and air and thats all :)

So the MW said....'Ooooo home birth this time then' and i was like well i thought about it but not sure.

So,my question is, would i be better with a homebirth this time round considering how short my labour was last time? Connah was also 1 day early so im kinda panicking that i will have the next baby at home anyway:wacko:
Im starting to think that maybe it is better to be pepared:shrug:

I do like the idea of natural home birthing with maybe just gas and air but im also worried about something going wrong :(

Could i have your opinions please?:flower:

At the end of the day the best place to birth is the place you feel most at ease - for some that's hospital, others a Birth Centre and some it's home.

That was exactly what my MW said to me after my 2nd baby was born interestingly enough! You (like me) obviously sound like the perfect home birth candidate!

So you said 'What if something goes wrong?'........Here's the question my MW asked my hubby when he said just what you have.....

Like what exactly? Serious question.....like what?

x

and PS - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had no idea!!!! :yipee:

thanks :) My MW seems very laid back on the subject of home birthing...my last one was dead against it :wacko:

Im gonna ask a few questions i think and consider it cos this time im terrified that it will happen so quick i wont have time to get to the hosp :haha:xx

I would talk to as many homebirthing Mamas as I could if I were you. The more stories you hear and advice you get the easier it is. Plus you don't have the fear of the unknown now. You can relax. And relaxing while you are in pain makes the pain less intense. You can totally rock a homebirth. I've had three drug free births - #1 @a birth center 5hrs #2@home in the water 3hrs and #3@home in the water 3hrs. I'm always here if you wanna talk :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->