Home Birth story of my little Peanut, born 28th March!!!

pea-in-pod

Mama of 2!
Reaction score
Well I havent been on for ages, sorry friends!! But my beautiful Peanut has arrived! She is still as yet unnamed, we are working on that! But we are so in love with her and she is just perfect! Here's my birth story:

I got my homebirth!!! I am so happy about that... Friday 25th March I went for acupuncture, for the "induction points" to be done. At 11.30pm that night, my contractions started! I posted a little bit about it in 3rd Tri as they were coming 8 mins apart but they were very managable, so I wasnt sure what was happening. To make a very long story short, I was in latent or slow labour from Friday night till Sunday at about 4pm, so tiring and frustrating!! But finally Sunday afternoon things picked up, I started getting much more intense contractions. We had set everything up at home over the weekend, during my slow labour! We had groceries, cleared space, and finally pumped up wht birth pool. Things happened very quickly after that. My contractions were coming 15 mins apart but they were strong. I was moving around the apartment, trying different positions and doing relaxation exercises from my Hypnobirthing book. By 7pm I wanted my doula there, so hubby called her to come over. I kept looking at the clock and for some reason I felt like my baby would arrive by midnight, but of course the doula and midwives thought things would go much longer and that it would be more likely late Monday morning before I would deliver her. So my doula took her time and didnt arrive till 9pm. I really needed her by then! I was not coping so well on my own by then (although hubby was amazing!) we were getting out of our depths and needed her expert coaching. My contractions by then were about 6 mins apart and felt really strong!
Our doula helped me with some positions and reminded me to really give in to the pain and go limp, accept the contractions and dont tense up against them as thhat would slow things down. So then things really did pick up and the contractions were coming about 3 mins apart by 10pm, I felt I was getting close to not coping and said to the doula I couldnt take much more and might have to go to the hospital. She said I would soon be in the birth pool and that would offer great relief. I wanted to ring the midwives but the doula put us off several times as she still thought we were far away from delivery. I have to tell everyone here: Always trust your instinct when you are in labour! I looked my husband in the eye and said "get the midwives here!" I didnt care that our doula thought we should wait longer, I just knew they had to get there. I'll also mention that overall our doula was amazing and I wouldnt change anything! She just had experienced so many first time births, she thought the active phase would take a long time. I also kept saying "get the pool filled up! I want to get in!" so finally my hubby started to fill it (again we had been put off by our doula who didnt want the water to go cold!). I was really at the point where I felt I needed pain relief, but I knew we would have to wait for the midwives to arrive and examine me. I needed to go to the toilet so in we went, and I had a few contractions while on there, that was awful because I couldnt move so it made the pain sensation worse. I was shaking and I felt really cold, I kept saying I am so cold and I want to get into the pool! On the loo, I felt a big pop, my waters had broken! (how convenient, on the loo!). The midwives finally arrived at sometime around 11pm or just before. They said they would need to examine me, I was like noooo, it hurts to much. ctually when they examined me it didnt hurt at all! And they waited till I was between surges. 9 1/2 cm the midwife announced!! No wonder I was cold and shaking and feeling like I couldn;t take anymore, I was in transtion and no one knew!!
So I was finally allowed to get into the pool and I tell you I was sooo happy to be in there! The contractions were still very strong, but there was just something soothing about being in the pool. It was all happening very quickly and I could actually feel the baby moving down which was amazing.
After only being in the pool a few minutes, they said I could start to bear down if I felt the urge. It started softly, but its amazing how that urge to oush really takes over your body and you just bear down. As lots of people say, this was the best part! You get to push back against the contractions rather than release yourself to them, and it just feels so much better.
I did not feel pain of the baby coming down the passage, I felt a lot of pressure, but the pain of the contractions were really overtaking everything. I felt her head coming close to the opening, thats when the vaginal pain started, but tbh I found it bearable, it was still the contractions that were unbearable!
I felt the unbelieveable strecthing of her head coming, and then finally they said "she'll be out in the next push or two". They coached me to pant and my MW held babies head softly so she didnt come out too fast. I just looked straight into my hubbies eyes and saw so much love there, I held his hands so tight. As baby was coming down the passage, I felt her kicking low in my belly, it was so freaky! I said "I feel her kicking!" The MWs laughed and said "thats great, it means shes ok!"
Finally her head passsed through the opening, the relief was amazing!! They said push with the next surge to get babes body out, but her body would not come out. She was of course under the water, and after a few minutes my MWs voice started to get very serious and said "you need to push with all your might, we need to get her out now!" So I pushed and roared (so unlike me!!) and they pulled (sorry that was awful!!) and pulled and finally pulled her little body out! Its amazing what I could feel at that point, all the sensation! It was 12.05am Monday 28th March. They pushed her under my legs and said "pick up your baby"!!
That was the most amazing moment. The pain was of course completely gone, my contractions had gone down to very mild straight away (as soon as her head came out) and I just scopped her up and said "hi baby!" I couldnt believe it.
It was the most amazing, profound experience and moment of my life. I just could not believe that I had just given birth to this perfect little person, in a pool in my apartment!!

I am not going to lie, it was painful, and more intense than I could ever have imagined it would be, but I was so happy in that moment that I had done it that way. My baby looked right into my eyes, not crying, just looking at me and breathing soft little breaths. It was just so huge its hard to describe it.
Amazingly, I needed no stitches!! I did have two tears, but ones that could not be sutured, just need to be left to heal, and my perenium intact!!
Within an hour, I was out of the pool, wrapped up in bed with my hubby and baby, and eating a sandwich, feeling the most awake I have ever felt in my life. She is so beautiful and perfect!! She weighed 7lb 10oz.

What got me through my homebirth:
Ina May Gaskins Guide to Childbirth
Marie Mongans Hypnobirthing
spinning babies
Daily affirmations (said out loud while I walked every day)
Walking every day
Perenium massage!
An amazing and supportive hubby/birth parter

Please msg me with any questions at all if you want to talk about homebirth!! I would so highly recommend this experience.

I cant believe I am a mother. I gave birth! To a little person!! Will post pics later!

Thanks so much to all my BnB friends for advice and support over the past couple of years on my journey here!!

Congratulations! That sounds so amazing :) So happy for you!!

Aww your story made me cry with joy!!

Well done and welcome to the world lill peanut.

x

I have tears in my eyes, what a wonderful experience you had and thank you so much for taking the time to describe it, and share it with us who have it all to come. I am more excited than ever now to meet out little girl. Congratulations x

Just popped her for a nosey, what an amazing birth story. Congrats! :)

wow brilliant birth story and congratulations. Im all ready for my homebirth but the more overdue im going the more I doubt I will get one.

Oh my, that was a wonderful birth story, I am sat here at work trying to hold back the tears!

Congratulations to you and OH.xxx

Your story was so touching, thanks for sharing it! I'm sitting here with everything ready for a homebirth, have also done hypnobirthing and have a great doula, so hope it all works out! Just waiting for baby to decide the time is right!

Congratulations, loved reading your birth story :)

I bet shes a beauty <3 xx

aww, what a beautiful and motivational story! Congrats on your little girl!! Thank you for sharing :hugs:

Sounds amazing hun...March 28th is my Birthday!

Have you announced over in the homebirth section?

What a lovely, inspirational story! Many congrats and well done! :D

Loved your story thanks :flower:

Congratualtions :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back