Home birth turned emergency c-section, but baby Alana Harmony arrived safely.

hippylittlej

Mummy to a little girl.
Reaction score
Sorry it has taken so long to let people know what is happening.

As many know I had planned a home water birth using hypnobirthing techniques. Well I finally started my contractions at 5pm on Monday 7th Nov at +10 days. The next morning at 8.20am my waters broke and I called the midwife. When she arrived my cervix wasn't dilated and babies head was still in a very bad angle despite my contractions moving to every 4 mins and being over 60 seconds apart.
I was sent to hospital where they decided I was not going to progress and they felt to give me a start they would induce me.
By this point I was exhausted and opted for an epidural. I wasn't induced or haave the epidural until 3pm on the 8th. By 7pm I was 3 cm dilated, baby appeared to have dropped but they had concerns about my pelvis in relation to baby. By 10pm baby was starting to show signs of distress on and off. They examined me and it appeared baby couldn't get through my pelvis, the doctors were called and a scratch test was done on baby, the results came back and within minutes I was rushed for an emergency C-section. Alana was born at 11.34pm on 8th November.

Baby Alana Harmony was born weighing 6lb 8oz, she wasn't breathing having swallowed lots of meconium but was was suctioned and given breathes. She was quick to respond and all turned out well.

I spent the whole of the epidural time vomiting, I was still vomiting while she was being delivered and after the birth despite every single anti sickness drug being used on me. I can't say it was anywhere near what I had planned but all is well.

Finally home today, she is good as gold, very peaceful and feeding well. All's well that ends well.

Hope all the other overdue mums from October had successful births.

Congratulations!!

Sorry you didn't get the delivery you had planned. My DD was a planned home birth turned section so I have an idea of the emotional rollercoaster you are on right now. Feel free to pm me if you ever feel you need any one on one support.

Glad to hear that in the end you have a beautiful healthy baby to hold now. I love the name!

congratulations!

sorry to hear that it did not go as planned but glad everything is well now. :flower:

congrats! Its not great when your delivery doesn't go the way you want it to, but all that matters is a healthy mama and baby! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Congrats! Sorry for your birth plan going wrong but glad baby is ok!

Glad she arrived safe and well! Congratulations :flower: Pics please when you are up to it!

Glad to see that it all turned out well in the end, though it's a shame it wasn't how you'd imagined it would be! Wish you a speedy recovery and enjoy you precious baby girl :hugs:

Sorry it didn't go to plan but glad she came safely : D huge Congrats xxx

Congrats on your lo! :flower: Can't wait to see pics.

sorry it didn't go as planned, but congrats on delivering a healthy baby! Glad you are both home now. :flower:

Happy to hear she is out safely! Congratulations!

Sorry you didn't get the birth you planned :hugs: but massive congratulations and well done on the birth of your baby girl :flower: I love her name.

I am sorry your birth did not go as planned hun, I know how hard your fought for it. congratulations on your daughter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->