Home Birth

MrsE

Reaction score
Anyone had one or planned one?

I had a chat with my midwife today who was very supportive and is going to drop me some leaflets off this week and come to my house in two weeks (I'll be 36wks) to discuss further and if I want to go ahead she'll bring the stuff round the following week (37 wks) as it's classed as normal to go into labour after then :happydance:

I'm quite looking forward to it but a bit scared too. Especially as she had a feel around and the baby is head down ready to engage and she could feel the shoulders which, maybe it was just me but they seemed quite wide apart compared to my lady bits :shock:
When she told me I think the look on my face said it all as she just laughed.

Cx

I had a homebirth with Alex. He was born at 36 weeks and they tried to get us to transfer to hospital afterwards but we refused. I wanted a home waterbirth but because he was early the midwife forced me to get out of the pool and birth on my back, which is just what I wanted to avoid. The birth of DD in hospital was more relaxing with one MW present, this time I had 2 MWs and 2 paramedics in the room and it was really quite stressful. Make sure you are prepared for all eventualities and know your rights with regards to procedures/transferring, if I'd known that he'd be here 4 weeks early I would have made sure I knew mine more and told the midwives and paramedics to bugger off!! Next time I will be stronger and get the birth I want!!

www.homebirth.org.uk is useful :D

NEXT TIME???

Lol kina when you having that one then lol!!

xxx

NEXT TIME???

Lol kina when you having that one then lol!!

xxx

Not sure but I'll keep going til I get that perfect homebirth ;) DH doesn't want anymore for a couple years (well when the kids start school). My hormones say now, my tired eyes say never!!

Thanks Kina,

I'll have a bag ready just in case but once I reach 37 weeks and if everything is going to plan I'll be staying put.
Obviously if baby is distressed in any way shape or form I'll be in the hospital like a shot.

My midwife is very supportive and has attended home births along with other members of the team so I'm quite lucky in that way.
She also suggested using a birth pool at home. And said if at any time I didn't feel comfortable and wanted to go into hospital I could, as long as things are progressing then it's my decision.

I've bought a book to have a good read of and I'll read the leaflets when she pops them through my door. And have a good long chat to DH and the midwife before making a firm decision.
All 3 of my sisters had "normal" labours with no major problems and my mum had 4 of us with no problems. So I'm hoping it's a family trait lol.

Cx

I do like the idea of a home birth but for my first one I thought "hmm take me to wherever they have the most drugs!!"

I just had an appointment too, my bump kept kicking/hitting the heartbeat stick thingy :rofl:

Not sure but I'll keep going til I get that perfect homebirth ;) DH doesn't want anymore for a couple years (well when the kids start school). My hormones say now, my tired eyes say never!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Kina my feelings exactly. Despite SPD only now resolving and the lack of sleep LO had me up every 1/2 hour night b4 last, i am also thinking about next one, will drfinitley not be for awhile, despite the hormones saying have another now!

I'm planning a home birth, I really don't like hospitals and besides my mum had all of us at home, so it just seems like the natural choice. I would never have an epidural 'cause I can't imagine someone sticking a big needle in my spine :argh: and you can get all the other drugs at home.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Kina my feelings exactly. Despite SPD only now resolving and the lack of sleep LO had me up every 1/2 hour night b4 last, i am also thinking about next one, will drfinitley not be for awhile, despite the hormones saying have another now!

Oooh glad it's not just me, feeling a bit mental even considering it! But I paid for the birthing pool and was only in it for a couple of contractions so I need to get my monies worth ;)

A tip for the OP is to make sure you've got loads of towels. Even though I birthed on the floor and didn't have the taurpalin (sp) underneath me I didn't get a drop of blood anywhere because of having plenty of towels around and underneath. A couple had to be thrown away afterwards but the rest washed up fine (mum washed them :happydance: )

I would love a home birth- but we live in the country and it's a long ways to the hospital if something were to go wrong.

hi MRS E im planning on having a hombirth i planned to have one on my second midwife brought out the kit that they use to deliver the baby and when i went into labour they brought out the suction unit to get rid of any mucus from babys nose and mouth, oxygen one cylinder of gas and air at the time she brought out pethadine but they have now changed the rules and dont adminster it as its such a low dose they dont bother and other stuff which i cant remember much of so but my contractions stopped and then a few days later my waters went with no contractions and then ended going into hospital to be induced which wasnt very nice this time my midwife was the one who came out to me when i went into labour with my second as at the time i had a different midwife but she is my midwife this time and she remembers me from last time so she knows how much i want a normal easy birth (we will see) ive got my midwifes appointment on wednesday so i will be 34+ and then she will be coming out to the house at 36 weeks to do my birth plan im getting really nervous now but cant wait for it to be over as there is certan thing i struggle to do like i cant bend to put my shoes on which does my head in so most of the time im in my slippers (lol) but talk about a mad woman i cant stop cleaning and i have got an obssesion with the hoover i will hoover the whole house every day and if i see something on the carpet guess what the hoover is back out its mad what about you?

let mw know what midwife says when she comes out a 36 weeks good luck on the birth if i dont hear from you

spunky xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"