Home Birthing?

dustbunny

mummy bird
Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if any of you have had home births before or are planning on having home births?

What happened, apart from the obvious? How did you feel? Would you do it again? Complications??

Just any information really.

I had a home birth with my second because i had no1 to look after DS1 and i didnt not want him taken into care and i also didnt want to labour alone - so i laboured at home (with DS1 fast asleep upstairs) then when he was born i had to go into hospital so DH stayed at home with DS1

What happened, apart from the obvious?

I had been contracting all day but hadnt realised they were contractions i went in the bath at about 11pm and thought i had wet myself instead i hadnt my waters went in the bath, phoned labour and delivory and they sent the midwife out to me (because i was high risk cause of my weight they sent out 2 midwifes but the 2nd one didnt get here till he was born) he got to mine at about 12/12.30 she brought everything with her gas and air etc when she got to me she didnt think i was in labour at all (that part still pisses me off) she did an internal and found out i was 9 & half cm dilated and her face dropped and you could pretty see she was going 'oh shit' she asked me if i thought my waters had gone and i said i wasnt sure and she told me they had and i was like oh they must of went in the bath lol anyway we covered the sofa in a shower curtain and i gave birth to him on the sofa at 1.30 am with hardly any gas and air <3

How did you feel? Would you do it again? Complications??

It felt amazing i would do it again, i fact id love to do it with this one too i didnt have any complications the midwife thought i had a heavier bleed then what i had so she had me taken into hospital to be checked over (better safe than sorry) i do feel the taking me to hospital stopped me from having that specail time to bond with my baby as it wasnt untill half 5 till i got to hold him again but if i had stayed at home and hadnt gone into hospital i know i would of

thats pretty much the jist of it :) i was very happy with mine :)

We are planning one for the birth of our baby girl.. We are going to have a birthing pool also. Why not come over to Home and Natural Birthing And read some of the birth stories :)

We are planning one for the birth of our baby girl.. We are going to have a birthing pool also. Why not come over to Home and Natural Birthing And read some of the birth stories :)

Ahh!! I didn't even see that forum at all - silly bee that I am. Thanks :hugs:

I had a home birth with my second because i had no1 to look after DS1 and i didnt not want him taken into care and i also didnt want to labour alone - so i laboured at home (with DS1 fast asleep upstairs) then when he was born i had to go into hospital so DH stayed at home with DS1

What happened, apart from the obvious?

I had been contracting all day but hadnt realised they were contractions i went in the bath at about 11pm and thought i had wet myself instead i hadnt my waters went in the bath, phoned labour and delivory and they sent the midwife out to me (because i was high risk cause of my weight they sent out 2 midwifes but the 2nd one didnt get here till he was born) he got to mine at about 12/12.30 she brought everything with her gas and air etc when she got to me she didnt think i was in labour at all (that part still pisses me off) she did an internal and found out i was 9 & half cm dilated and her face dropped and you could pretty see she was going 'oh shit' she asked me if i thought my waters had gone and i said i wasnt sure and she told me they had and i was like oh they must of went in the bath lol anyway we covered the sofa in a shower curtain and i gave birth to him on the sofa at 1.30 am with hardly any gas and air <3

How did you feel? Would you do it again? Complications??

It felt amazing i would do it again, i fact id love to do it with this one too i didnt have any complications the midwife thought i had a heavier bleed then what i had so she had me taken into hospital to be checked over (better safe than sorry) i do feel the taking me to hospital stopped me from having that specail time to bond with my baby as it wasnt untill half 5 till i got to hold him again but if i had stayed at home and hadnt gone into hospital i know i would of

thats pretty much the jist of it :) i was very happy with mine :)

Thank you for explaining everything to me and sharing your story :hugs:

I wanted a home birth but were living in a rented place at the moment with cream carpets and I'm really worried about the mess!!

im 100% planning on one!

I had a homebirth with my previous baby and plan to do it again. I LOVE being in my comfort zone the entire time and being able to stay in my bed afterwards.

I wanted a home birth but were living in a rented place at the moment with cream carpets and I'm really worried about the mess!!

I didnt make a mess anywhere i was worried there would be blood everywhere and there wasnt a drop anywhere and i had cream carpets too! The midwifes took all the 'rubbish' with them to dispose off xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->