home doppler and different sounds.

MichCuc

Reaction score
I think I may have finally picked up baby's heartbeat... but not sure if its the placenta. It sounds just like when I was pregnant with my daughter. I have the angelsounds monitor. The hb would come in and out, and I think I might have picked up baby movements too in the quiet moments. Is that possible? It was like swooshing quick sounds - lasting for a second or two. I made sure to be really still and even held my breath to see if it really could be the baby moving. I'm 12+2 today. I have my 12 week scan friday and just really wanted to get something to calm my nerves a little. If I can figure out how to record it and upload, I will!

it could easily be the baby's heartbeat, I have the angelsounds and found baby at 10 weeks, while you are listening to baby put your finger on your neck to feel your own pulse to rule out it being your own heartbeat, baby should be a lot faster than yours :) mine at that stage sounded like a train, like chugga chugga chugga chugga ha

I counted and it was 160 bpm so def faster than my own. My own hb is relatively low, around 60

Just not sure if its placenta or baby. But seems to be a good sign either way! Will try again later for recording :)

Thanks for the reply! :)

if you were counting 160 then it's baby, I have heard that placenta can have a heartbeat type rhythm but it would be more around 110-120 so looks like you found baby :)

Awesome!! Such a great sound to hear :)

The placenta is near enough always a loud wooshing sound that is similar to your own heartbeat, babies to me remind of a galloping sound. You can hear baby moving with them too though it's hard to make out. DS had a habit of kicking out towards the doppler everytime so it made a loud pop.

I heared it fr first time today. There are good you tube videos that show different sounds. BB is about 9+2 today and little hb was very fast but not very loud. Picked up a lot of swooshing around 80-110 and that was mine. Very happy as I've been had a big bleed at 6 weeks and have a subchorionic hemorrhage at the placenta. It'll get me through the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->