Home dopplers?

ser523

Reaction score
Who's getting one/has one? Are they safe? How much did yours cost and where did you get it?

Seems like my doctor's office might give me a hard time about getting ultrasounds. I asked them about whether I was getting an u/s at my next appointment (I'll be 11 weeks), since I don't have one scheduled currently, just the appointment to see the NP. I got a (I thought) rather snooty response about how you don't get an u/s at every appointment and I just had one two weeks ago due to bleeding. But when I had my initial prenatal appointment, the NP said an u/s every 3-4 weeks because I had a LEEP procedure just in January and we're not sure how/if it (my cervix) will affect my pregnancy. But yea, so I wasn't going to get one but now I'm considering the notion of getting a home doppler. With 2 previous m/c's, I'm always worried about baby and then there's the whole cervix issue on top of it.

I've used them since after my 1st baby and would never not use one... I listen in from 8 weeks and same when I had twins only now have I stopped using it as I now feel regular movements... but always keep it :) as long as you don't stress yourself out... as sometimes it took me a while early on to find baby as there so small but I'd us a pillow under my bump and lots of gel.. xxxx

To add too I told my midwife I listen in from 8 weeks and she was like oh! As long as it keeps me happy I'm happy... my midwife has never listen in to me this time around so would never have heard it anyways haha xxx

I had one with my son and loved it fir reassurance
I don't think he liked though cos he used t wriggle away
So I limited its use.
But they aren't harmful
I had a loan of one with my son.
But they r preg too thus time.
So I ordered one off amazon
It was 46 euro, including delivery
Should arrive next week :)

Thanks ladies! Amazon US didn't have that one, but I ordered another very popular one today. I have Amazon prime, so it should be here on Thursday. I'm excited to get it and try it out!

When were you ladies able to get a heartbeat on your dopplers at home?

Anytime from about 9 weeks.
But it differs so much.
Due to placenta placement,
Bub being behind ur blood vessels
Or blood supply to placenta.
Bub can generally just hide.
Also how u use it matters a lot.
Extra weight can make it harder too.
So don't worry if u cant find it. Xx
Finding it once makes it easier to find again.
But even if ur used to them there will be times u cant find bub
And all still be fine

Should say I think 9 weeks was really early in comparison to some people
Full bladdar helps.
And legs off end of couch or bed helps x

It takes some effort, but I found it! It was so exciting! :D Honestly, I figured I wouldn't be able to find it at all *lol* It's still pretty quiet and I have to find just the right spot, but it's so thrilling to hear that flutter <3

Hurray :)
Mine is delayed in post.
Should arrive wed :)

I have one, and I tried to find the heart beat since about 8 weeks, and only just found it today at almost 12 weeks.

So, please don't worry if you cannot find it so early.

Used mine for the first time Sat! Was very difficult to find, but so happy once I did. Not sure I will use it a lot, but it was momentarily reassuring. I had a LEEP too, and my first was born unexpectedly at 29 weeks due to supposed incompetent cervix. This time I am seeing a perinatologist and checking frequently! Stand up for what you want and ignore their snottiness!

I have a BeBe brand, it's really good. Searched from around 8ish weeks and finally found it at 9+3 I think. Once you know where bubs is it get's easier. I think it's very reassuring especially before you can feel baby.

I have the sonoline B and found it at 9wks though it wasn't easy and took a few tries. Tried again this morning (9+5) and could only find it for a few seconds. I got mine with my second pregnancy because my first ended in MC. I knew that I could do it without panicking though, which is crucial. I loan it to friend frequently, but had one friend that I refused to give it to- she was one that would stand in the bathroom staring at the TP looking for blood and was constantly convinced that her baby had died. I knew that it would be worse for her if she couldn't find it. She ended up having pregnancy induced psychosis, so not just a normal worrier like anyone post-loss.

I got mine today.
Found it twice but only for few secs.
But its still early

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583