Home fertility kit - how long til I can test?

patienceiav

Reaction score
Heyas,

I'm not looking for a quality/accuracy guestimate likelihood of a test bought off the interwebs compared to going to a Dr, but my biggest fear of all this WTT is that we'll finally be ready and then something will be wrong and all the waiting will seem like a really bad idea :(

Paranoia aside, I came off the pill 7days ago (last pack EVER btw), having my bleed atm and want to know what peoples ideas are on how long til I can test mah fertility ? I know the pill would make the test moot but now it should technically all be gone from my system...

Rant over :happydance:

Congrats on the last pack! You should be able to test from cycle day 10-16ish. If you have no idea when you ovulate, you can start testing as early as CD8 and keep testing until you get a positive. Are you also temping or charting?

The pill may be out of your system but it can take a few months for your hormones to readjust and get regular periods. I would leave it a month or two just to be sure.

Heya! Thanks, feels good :D

What I've bought is an actual fertility test as opposed to ovulation tracking; it tracks some specific hormone that is an indication of fertility. I'll be sure to take the results with a pinch of salt but i figured if something was horribly wrong it'd give us a head start on nagging the Dr :D

My thoughts are just on whether it'll register this early after finishing the pill or if I'll get a wrong result because of the now binned pill of evil ;) technically it shouldn't register incorrectly since the pill leaves your system in a couple of days but maybe my body is expecting another or something, should have stated a new pack yesterday :shrug: a little confusing perhaps!

It depends what the kit is actually testing, really. There should be instructions regarding the best time of your cycle to take the test. If the hormone being tested varies in concentration through your cycle (like LH, which is what an opk tests for), then you should have something in the kit to say when to do it. If it's a hormone that stays pretty constant through your cycle, then it won't really matter, but I'd be tempted to leave it until after you've had your first 'real' AF, to make sure things aren't still being artificially influenced by the pill hormones in any way.

It's the follicle stimulating hormone that's measured, something to do with your overall fertility :shrug: a quick Google of other brands says to use it on day 3 of your cycle, the one I have doesn't mention anything specific just that the 2nd test should be done about 2 weeks after :dohh: guess I answered my own question!

I would wait a month. I know it seems long, but I would let the hormones have the chance to completely leave my system first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->