Home Fetal Dopplers, good or bad idea?

sbrooke

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I just purchase the Sonoline B Fetal Doppler from Ebay because I am now 9 weeks and 4 days and I don't feel pregnant really anymore. The twinges have subsided a bit and I rather enjoyed them because it let me know everything was alright. I guess because I know my mom had a pregnancy that randomly stopped growing, I feel it may happen to me. Well, I know people say the fetal dopplers may cause worry but if I can find the heartbeat then I can finally start feeling like I can bond with my tummy again. It's so hard because after so much disappointment in the past, my heart is protecting itself and I'm almost in the 3rd month and still not getting too excited. I will probably be worried throughout the entire thing but I would like to know if you have any experience with these and if it's worth it!

I dont think they are either good or bad, is pros and cons to having one.

If your someone who easily gets stressed out i would not buy one, finding HB can be tricky. You shouldnt use one to clarify your baby is 'okay' in later stages.

I rented a doppler with this baby for 4w as i thought limited time would be better and fact with previous babies i never used them after 20w.

I found HB no problem im a plus size, but also had a week or so that i couldnt find it. For me i was still relaxed about it, but for some it will cause stress that isnt needed

Im thinking to get one... I read once a thread about a pregnant woman who couldn't find the heart beat and it turned out that the baby stopped growing. It could be useful.

I rented with DS and have again, I found baby at 10 weeks and was using it once a day but have cut it down to every couple days or so. I'll stop using it once movements start properly as others have said it should not be used to reassure everything is ok in later weeks, movements should be monitored. That's what I did but really appreciated having it in the early weeks

I bought the sono line B and for me it was reassuring. I purchased it at around ten weeks and it took me a little while to find the hb but once I got the hang of it I found it really useful.

I've never used one and won't. I think it'd cause more stress.

Also I don't really like the thought of exposing baby to more unnecessary technology in the womb if it's unnecessary. They are so fragile at this stage. I will just wait on my ultrasounds/docs apt to check bubs.

I started feeling DS1 from about 17 weeks last time so it's not too long to wait.

I hired one before and at first it was a god send xx if you struggle finding the hb it's awful xx

I bought one it took us until almost 11 weeks to find it I've only not found it one time since than. Other wise baby is usually in the same spot every time. The research against it is on chronic use. I don't use mine for more than 1-3 minutes and no more than twice a week. But very happy I got it!!!!

I bought one for my last pregnancy and I loved it! In Canada we don't get our first scan until 12 weeks so this was the only way I would know there was actually a baby in there. I found the heartbeat the first time I tried at 8 weeks :). I would only check every 4 or 5 days for a min once I found the heartbeat. I can't wait to use it again this pregnancy.

My gf lent me hers at 8 weeks, and amazingly I found the hb ( although I think I was somewhere between 8 weeks and 9 plus 1). I check every morning and to me it's the most amazing thing, I love it. It takes patience and sometimes is difficult to find. I have a hemorrhage, so the Doppler assures me everyday that baby is still going. If you have patience, I think they're great. In my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->