Home made food for beginners

Dionne

Reaction score
I have been trying to make all my own food now for Harley Dior never really ate healthy and now i am paying for it she is so fussy.

Harley is great he now eats what ever i am making.

but im not very good at it.

i buy brocalli colliflower and carrots steam them make up batches and freeze them.

firstly is that right how i am cooking them?

he loves it but its getting boring i need some thing to add to it. i do give him gravy which i no alot of people dont :?

what else can i add?

ps im not into herbs and all that i have no idea.

some thing simple but healthy? make up in batches and store in freezer.

thanks in advance x x

Little bits of chicken? :D

Harley is only 2 months younger the Becky and I feed her what we eat. Like tonight I'm having mince,potatoes and yorkie puds, and she will have some of that.

I give Rebecca gravy in that, as I think its ok in small quantities.

She likes chicken, sandwiches etc. Dairylea on toast :D

She gets a lot of veg and like Harley she loves it, but they do need that something else.

I gave madam 4 mini frankfurters-they r kiddies one's tiny, and she loves them. :wink:

Pasta with veg through it, or grated cheese, tuna, stuff like that, and u can eat it too :D

White sauces,cheese sauces a kind of cauli-cheese would be nice. Mash potatoe with the veg in white sauce underneath?

Just a few and I used to give chloe gravy naughty I know.

Bex.x

cheers girls :)

Kx what kind of chicken?

i never buy a big breast as no one would eat it? so what kind would i buy?

i have some diced froozen chicken i use for chicken sweetcorn mayo.

would that be ok?

and when you say cheese sause what do you mean :oops: do i make it myself or buy it in packets?

Just noticed Harley is over 9 month,how about a fish pie, just sweetcorn,white sauce (get colemans) Smoked mackeral or plain white Mack,Prawns (onlya few) and little bit of Cod. Or Coley,Tuna anything liek that.

I have loads of recipes for 9Months plus

Bex

Wll you can make a Cheese sauce from Plain flour,Butter,Milk and add cheese or you can buy Colemans sauce mixes. they are nice so you can do so many different dishes from Macaroni Cheese to well anything.

If you want a hand then I am more than happy to help

loads things here

https://www.organix.com/food_for_babies/recipes_and_meal_planners.cfm

to start of with ild rather buy the packet of sauces till im a bit more confident.

are these ok for his age? just boil his veg and before i feed him put the sauce over it?

sorry but when i say this is new to me i mean really new. i have never home cooked :oops:

TBH not sure of salt content,but i know you can get baby cheese sauces or cheese gravies in boots so would get those if I were you.

Just cook veg real soft and poor sauce over then add mash he will love this.

can do any veg with anything then also you can get tiny pasta too mix with tinned soup (batchelors best) i have loads of soup receipes it is sooooo easy and cheap to make and veg and you are well away

Bex

Dionne you can buy packs of chicken breast fillets out of Iceland etc. No bones etc, so will be fine for Harley. U not like chicken? It can be a meal for all of you :D

no i dont really eat meat. every since i watched a show when preg with Dior :roll: "whats really in a sausage its just put me off all meat although i can still manage a kfc.

Bexxie that soup and pasta sounds great real easy and cheap too. il defo have to try that.

you girls are angels. keep them coming :D

I am the same with meat. i buy an organic chicken once a week and get 3 meals from it this may be one idea,it is roughly £6-7 I amke loads from Chicken lasagna,chicken stew,etc etc and with the bones i boil them up for stock for soups etc...

Dionne if you want some soup idea then fire away also the best pasta is the ministrone stuff.

B

Cheesy mashed potatoe and beans are one of jamies favourite, really easy to make too!

Jamie has gravy too with veg, meat etc. You can get the bisto gravy with the reduced salt now. :)

You can also get baby gravy and baby cheese sauce mixes. These are suitable and are reduced salt. I also made sweet potato which Jonny loved you can mash it just the same as normal potato, also parsnips are sweet and might tempt them.

what about boiling tyhem instead and add meat into teh meals witha sauces

Dionne, I always steam veggies cos it keeps in more vitamins etc.
Charlies favs are:
Roasted sweet potato
Baby pasta (from boots) with veggie sauce (tinned toms, mushrooms, garlice, onions, courgette, sweetcorn.....all blended up, i freeze it in ice cube trays still)
Mash, beans and cheese
Lasagne
Chicken, sweet potato and roasted aubougine (sp!!) mixed together
Roast beef (she sucks and chews on a stip of it haha)
Chicken and mangos
Yorkie puds
Pesto sandwiches
grapes, raisins, dried apricots, satsumas, etc as snacks

Why not buy a ready cooked chicken and make up a few recipes and freeze them?

Well done to you hun for giving the home cooking a go, its bloody hard when ya not a natural hey??? Good on ya xxx

LynnieH - where do you get baby gravy and sauces from? I like to make as much food as I can for my little girl but I have gravy that has loads of salt in it - where is this baby gravy from?

Cheers

L x

Has anyone given their baby Chinese Pear?

I love them and bought a couple but not sure how to serve it?

Also can you freeze potato? I know you can blend it and have got a mouli but will I have to do it fresh each time?

Lisa33 said:
LynnieH - where do you get baby gravy and sauces from? I like to make as much food as I can for my little girl but I have gravy that has loads of salt in it - where is this baby gravy from?

Cheers

L x

I can' remember tbh When Jonny was little Cow and gate made them and I think they were from boot or superdrug. I will investigate online!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"