Home made toys for 0-12 month old?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Liesje, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Liesje

Liesje Well-Known Member

What are some homemade toys you've given your infant?

...I'm not talking about crafty people who knit/sew... Just ordinary things like crinkly paper, water bottles, etc :winkwink:

2. BabySeal

BabySeal Mom of a Baby Boy!

No matter how many toys there are to play with LO withh always rather play with random tupperware containers and lids.. I let him play with the mismatched ones from my kitchen lol. He also likes smacking plastic measuring cups on things.

3. rice/pasta in a bottle.

4. KayBea

KayBea Mummy to Xanthia Lily

Wooden spoon, pastry brush, our cork coasters, plastic measuring jug, empty water bottle with dry pasta in. keys, saucepan.. X

5. alienbabe4321

alienbabe4321 Mummy to gorgeous Louis

I've knitted a couple of little teddies for Louis, one of which has become his favourite.

I've also made a rattle. I used the stiff card centre from a roll of nappy bags, coke bottle lids to seal it, rice to fill it, and a pair of Louis' old socks to cover all the internals and make a handle.

6. Natsku

Natsku Well-Known Member

Empty bottles, tub lids, the wood pile (Ok I don't want her playing with the last one but its very hard to keep her away) and turning her changing mat upside down for her to slide about on.

7. tu123

tu123 Well-Known Member

Unopened packet of crisps! Empty plastic bottles with dry pulses in them. wooden spoons. Keys!

8. satine51

satine51 Well-Known Member

9. fidget

fidget Pregnant Mama Bear

empty plastic bottles, i have a set of plastic cups, plates and bowls which i chuck on the kitchen floor when i'm cooking. he likes the cups best as they roll around lol. empty packets of wipes, envelopes, the fake stones out of my fake fireplace (i don't give these to him, it's a daily battle to keep him away from them, despite the pillow and tea towels stuffed in there :dohh:)

10. Hippietea

Hippietea Well-Known Member

I use plastic bottles with rice in but I also put 'forbidden' things in them, eg, she likes to play with pens so I put them in a bottle so she can have a look at them without chewing them!

11. bumpy_j

bumpy_j Well-Known Member

joel loves saucepans and a wooden spoon as a little makeshift drum kit

12. shelley22

shelley22 Mummy, Daddy and Oliver

ill be making bottles with water and glitter in, water and oil, coloured water, beads, rice, pasta, bits of coloured balloons in water, sand and water. Different materials; fluffy material, crinkly material, silky material, sponges,

I am a nursery nurse so sensory toys that you make are a great thing to have!

13. Liesje

Liesje Well-Known Member

This is what I was after, I'd like to have a variety but I just don't have the extra money to spend $5-$20 on nonsense items that might only get played with a few times.

14. Liesje

Liesje Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! These are all great, please keep them coming!

15. shelley22

shelley22 Mummy, Daddy and Oliver

You can google things like treasure baskets and making sensory bottles and that may give you more ideas x