Home made toys for 0-12 month old?

Liesje

Reaction score
What are some homemade toys you've given your infant?

...I'm not talking about crafty people who knit/sew... Just ordinary things like crinkly paper, water bottles, etc :winkwink:

No matter how many toys there are to play with LO withh always rather play with random tupperware containers and lids.. I let him play with the mismatched ones from my kitchen lol. He also likes smacking plastic measuring cups on things.

Wooden spoon, pastry brush, our cork coasters, plastic measuring jug, empty water bottle with dry pasta in. keys, saucepan.. X

I've knitted a couple of little teddies for Louis, one of which has become his favourite.

I've also made a rattle. I used the stiff card centre from a roll of nappy bags, coke bottle lids to seal it, rice to fill it, and a pair of Louis' old socks to cover all the internals and make a handle.

Empty bottles, tub lids, the wood pile (Ok I don't want her playing with the last one but its very hard to keep her away) and turning her changing mat upside down for her to slide about on.

Unopened packet of crisps! Empty plastic bottles with dry pulses in them. wooden spoons. Keys!

One lady on here mentioned treasure basket, I am going to make one for LO. Here is the lnk
https://www.peep.org.uk/standard.asp?id=300

empty plastic bottles, i have a set of plastic cups, plates and bowls which i chuck on the kitchen floor when i'm cooking. he likes the cups best as they roll around lol. empty packets of wipes, envelopes, the fake stones out of my fake fireplace (i don't give these to him, it's a daily battle to keep him away from them, despite the pillow and tea towels stuffed in there :dohh:)

I use plastic bottles with rice in but I also put 'forbidden' things in them, eg, she likes to play with pens so I put them in a bottle so she can have a look at them without chewing them!

joel loves saucepans and a wooden spoon as a little makeshift drum kit

ill be making bottles with water and glitter in, water and oil, coloured water, beads, rice, pasta, bits of coloured balloons in water, sand and water. Different materials; fluffy material, crinkly material, silky material, sponges,

I am a nursery nurse so sensory toys that you make are a great thing to have!

I am a nursery nurse so sensory toys that you make are a great thing to have!

This is what I was after, I'd like to have a variety but I just don't have the extra money to spend $5-$20 on nonsense items that might only get played with a few times.

Thanks everyone! These are all great, please keep them coming!

You can google things like treasure baskets and making sensory bottles and that may give you more ideas x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->