home schooling (early years)

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
hey all i have decided to take a more practical step and many start home schooling my son he is meant to start school next year but they wont start him at school until he is 7 anyways i was hoping in the next year if i do the early years home schooling section 3-4/5years that he will maybe be a bit more ready for school and find it easier when he does start...

does anyone know where to get the materials to home school in the UK? that are offical and such? i have looked online at many sites but unsure which ones are real and does anyone know if you can get anything like this free?

Not sure about materials, but these two sites are mentioned on another forum I frequent:

https://www.education-otherwise.org/

https://www.ahomeeducation.co.uk/

Hi hun,

I don't know your whole story so I hope this doesn't sound like I am being rude, its quite the opposite and I am worried about the lack of support you seem to have.

I am shocked at the lack of educational support you appear not to be getting. Is there not an early years intervention team or special ed nursery they can offer you. I have seen the difference a good placement at this age can make esp with behavioural issues. Good placements support not just the child but the family too in advising you how to carry on their work at home.

My hat goes off to you hun for wanting to start working with him but I would be jumping up and down for a lot more. Do you have any good special ed nurseries/schools near you?

x

I would agree with Velvetina's comments regarding the apparent lack of support you are getting?

Andrew isn't yet two, but has fortnightly visits from a Pre-Schools Specials Needs Advisor. In June, we have a large multi-agency meeting to discuss his development so far and going forward, which coincidentally is being held at our nearest Special Needs Pre & Primary School.

Not sure about materials, but these two sites are mentioned on another forum I frequent:
https://www.education-otherwise.org/
https://www.ahomeeducation.co.uk/
thanks hun :D will check them out got some stuff but never have enough :D

Hi hun,
I don't know your whole story so I hope this doesn't sound like I am being rude, its quite the opposite and I am worried about the lack of support you seem to have.

I am shocked at the lack of educational support you appear not to be getting. Is there not an early years intervention team or special ed nursery they can offer you. I have seen the difference a good placement at this age can make esp with behavioural issues. Good placements support not just the child but the family too in advising you how to carry on their work at home.

My hat goes off to you hun for wanting to start working with him but I would be jumping up and down for a lot more. Do you have any good special ed nurseries/schools near you?
x
thats why i am home schooling because i have been fighting for support and better help with his education for 2years i wanted to home school before but was worried with the problems he has faced that wouldn't be possible but infacted it seems beter now as he'll be one to one education, he will get stuff suited to him etc, your not be rude but there is almost nothing here, he has been without speech therapy for 6months because we had to move due to burst pipes he was under care of psychologists etc and now nothing health visitor i would love to say is trying but there is nothing there for her to really offer and she seems pretty clueless herself talked to the nursery and they are frankly shit, they are crap i hate taking him there because it never ends well and he is learning nothing, i had him potty trained and they seemed to un-potty train him no idea how they done it but anyways i feel home might be best....

I would agree with Velvetina's comments regarding the apparent lack of support you are getting?
Andrew isn't yet two, but has fortnightly visits from a Pre-Schools Specials Needs Advisor. In June, we have a large multi-agency meeting to discuss his development so far and going forward, which coincidentally is being held at our nearest Special Needs Pre & Primary School.
been fighting for over 2years no closer to help just pure pointless :cry:

house teaching now in place preschool home schooling and reward charts now in places. since 11am this morning james has completed at least an hour of learning on work sheets, we're up to our eyes in books on learning he's peed in the potty and he had sub sandwich for dinner and eat well this morning with Kerry and her kids. all fantastic work! proud of my boy!

:hugs: I am so sorry hun, it is just not right, it makes me so angry our children are not properly catered for when they are our future. I know it is so frustrating when the provision is not there, and we know it damn well should be.

Sounds like you had a great day and he is lucky to have such a great mummy who cares. Well done James. :hugs:

This is all about money, it makes me question the amount of aid we give when we are selling our own children short of even their own basic human rights. Sorry rant over.:blush:

Have you contacted the National Autistic Society, I am sure they would be able to point you in some good directions for helping you with home schooling?

x x

with regards to james it is all about money, its hte fact there is noone to help him no schools suitable for him so he's in a catchment area school i hate it all i am sick of it so he is going to be home schooled, he is staying in nursery until the end of term i am meeting with his health visitor on thursday to talk about all this and also i have potty trained him again so the nursery better now mess it up again they seemed to un-potty train him before and i will not keep potty training him every few months, the nursery although its meant to be catchment area is almost 2miles away and i don't drive its up lots of large hills (although i have walked the West highland way and climbed mountians etc) its not something i want to do everyday. anyways ramble over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->