Home VBAC

chuck

Reaction score
I honestly cannot remember if I already asked but are there any ladies here who did a home VBAC?

I'm hoping for one and really need to know what info to arm myself with ready for my consultant appt (28 weeks so aggggesss yet) but I need to make sure I'm read up and prepared to give answers to all of their misgivings and make sure I do my best to get what I know is best for me.

..Long story short I had a shocking time with Dewi, transferred form BC to Hospital, no progression, back to back labour, drip, monitor, epi was broken, got to 9.5cm EMCS in the middle of night no one spoke to me, got 20 mins with Hubby then left alone all night unable to move (I was given a spinal on account of broken epi) and can't remember the morning with hubby because of the morphine - failed to BF for all of the above and tongue tied baby. Was in counselling for a few weeks and still have issues with it all. ergh.

So I know HB is what I need to achieve my VBAC- I cannot stand the thought of going to hospital gain it was horrible - 50 hours of labour to get that shocking 'care' afterwards and actually play no part in the 'baby removal' ergh no thanks.

What is the consultant likely to throw at me as reasons for going to hospital and what can I do to ensure they know I know what I'm on about!?

Not much help but I'm waiting avidly for responses to this too, as I am a hopeful HBACer after a failed HB and emergency section last time, and would like to know what to expect and how best to fight!

PS: love your avatar, fab photo!

xxx

I'm hoping for an HBAC too. I'm moving areas at the end of the month so will have a new midwife and consultant - my last two were terribly unsupportive :( Hopefully my next team will be more positive about it all... Will let you know how I get on.

Have you joined the Yahoo Home Birth group? They're very helpful :flower:

Sorry I'm not a HBAC but would like to be this time! I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow and I'm not sure how she's going to take it :wacko:
So I'm feeling a bit nervous about going :blush:

It sounds like you had an awful time Chuck :hugs: :hugs:

Ergh it was horrid but I'm hopeful for this time if I do have to go to hospital I know exactly what I want and what I wont let them do to me lol!!

My MW wasnt thrilled when I said home birth please but she said the MW's would support me although the Consultant would say no.

I dont think there are many HBACers here but the Yahoo homebirth group is very busy and I'm sure you'll find some over there :winkwink:

I've signed up there...thanks for reminding me to check lol!

I am watching this with baited breath as I do not think I will get my CS and if thats the case I am going to fight for a HBAC as I will not take any of their drugs anyway and hospital is really not a good environment for me. does anyone have a link to the yahoo group please?

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/homebirthUK

Hi there. I'm just popped over from ist trimester to have a look around as I will be attempting a hvbac after 3 c-sections so I'm hoping I can help in some way.

I have hired an independent midwife who will help me achieve my birth plan as the hospital wouldn't 'allow' it. I have read lots and have a lot more research to do which is what I advise you to do. Read read and read. Gather as much info as possible. There are fab books out there on vbacs and natural birthing. The consultant will say anything to get you to change your mind but it's for their benefit, not yours so just listen and be ready to stick to your guns. This is your body and your baby and you are the best person to decide what kind of birth you should have.

I have always gone along with why doctors say cos I trusted them and I felt complete loss of control through each of my other pregnancies. As if the birth was something that they were doing to me rather than something I was doing like it should be. As women we should feel empowered when we give birth. Good luck and you can have the birth you want xx

I'm going to be attempting a VBA2C, HBA2C would be ideal, but as long as I don't have to have section again I will be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->