Home water birth after 1 c-section

Wombat

Married mum of 2:)
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I am just wondering did any of you had a home birth (not necessary a water birth) after previous c-section (-s)?

And if you did, what arguments did you use to make your MW or doc to let you do this?

I think, out of every birth options (providing there are no complications beforehand) I would really really like this. I would love to have a private midwife, but there is no way we can afford it, so it is out of options and I don't need a doula, so please no suggestions about these options.:hugs:

I am fit and healthy, but I am fat by BMI standarts.

Thank you for your replies:hug::hug::hug:

I'm planning on doing this if my placenta moves. Before I even discussed it with the MW I wrote to a high up person (wasn't the head of MWs but they're a good one to contact) stating my intention to have a homebirth and that I expected to be supported in my choice. Since then my MWs have been very supportive, it was them that suggested a waterbirth.

I am seeing a consultant but I don't really want to as I know they will not be as supportive, but I have to see them anyway because of my low placenta so would find it hard to get out of.

There's a really good yahoo group called UKVBACHBAC that's full of people that have done this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"