Home water birth

MummyBurgo

I love my boys x
Reaction score
Hey!

Well I am thinking of a home water birth.

Am I too late to sort this out? After having my son the MW did say next time a home birth maybe better for me as had a bad time in hospital,they took my son away for no reason which caused me to have PND and bonding issuses.

Also where would I get a pool from etc?

Thanks in advance

Not too late at all- i told my mw at my last appointment (which was abt a week ago) and she said i dont really need to make a desicion til 38 weeks if i wanted to wait.

I ordered a bithing pool last night off https://www.ecobirthpools.co.uk coz they've got a sale on at the mo (u have to g to the products tab and not the packages tab to see the discounted price). i like this pool the best from my research...its made up of lots of chaimbers so if u get a whole in the side it wont all suddenly go down and u can get a heat retaining lid. Also i saw one at the baby show and its pretty firm and a nice size (coz i'm not a skinny little person!)
theres also pools on the calm birth website and i've seen some on ebay.

Homebirth.org has advice, birthing stories, what u'd need for a home birth and reviews on birthing pools- i find that site a great help.

if i can help in any other way feel free to PM me

xx

Me too, MummyB - have we talked about this before?

I'm going to an NCT homebirth information evening tonight, as it happens - perhaps they have them in your area. There's one tonight and one on 1st June, which I'm taking DH to (footy on SKy tonight grrr).

The email circulated about tonight mentioned that the NCT have a pool you can book to use - not sure if it costs/how much. I'll find out and let you know so you might be able to look into it to.

The way I see it is, it's something I want - but I won't be able to know if I'm low-risk enough till about 36 weeks - and then again, won't really know until I go into labour. So I'm going to plan for it and if it works out I'll benefit and if it doesn't, at least I'll be super-prepared.

you can buy and hire pools - look on ebay (!) or google 'home birthing pools' or similar. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->