Home work

fairy_gem

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know of any home work that provides a decent income?

Avon is out as they are ending and the earnings aren't great anyway. I'm not confident enough to do parties, like Ann Summers and such like.

Thanks

:flower:

Do you have any skills in terms of making things?

You could sell things on eBay?

Not a great income but eBay also offer people to sell things for others that don't have the time to do this and you take a cut of the profit. Might be worth looking into?

Xx

Also maybe child minding? You don't actually need that much to qualify to be one?

X

Childminding not so sure you don't need qualifications.
What did you do before having your kids?

Hi Gem - I have started with a company called Monu at Home. They are part of Monu Skincare and Cosmetics one of the leading Suppliers to many spas across the UK. It's fab, hours to fit around your lifestyle and the ability to progress to earn more. Plus the skincare products are all made in the UK and are loveeeely. It's at home party plan so you get ladies together in their own homes, have a giggle, enjoy the products, whilst earning money for yourself!

Anyway looks like I have gone on lol! Let me know if you want me to send you more details...or anyone else reading this thread :) xx

I know you've said you're not that confident but you get full training and can go at your own pace by starting with small friends/family parties xx

I'm a mom who works from home. If you're like me and are tired of the 9 - 5 rat race also known as a J.O.B. (Just Over Broke), this might be a perfect solution!

Choose your hours, work when you want, earn $500 - $2000 per month part-time.

100% online - no awkward conversations with family & friends! Must have access to laptop or PC, 10 - 15 hours available/week and an interest in health, wellness and prevention.
You can ad me on FB for more info, i would gladly answer any questions... Ashley froment-cole

I don't have any children.

Sorry I assumed kids was the reason you were looking for home work. What have you done before now? Is that something you could do from home?

Bewary of anything you have to pay for training in, or free training in return for a franchise you have to pay for. I'm actually thinking of Red Driving school here, they give you free training but tie you into a franchise you'll be lucky to make anything out of. And there are lots of other dream schemes out there.

I don't have any children.

Sorry I assumed kids was the reason you were looking for home work. What have you done before now? Is that something you could do from home?

Bewary of anything you have to pay for training in, or free training in return for a franchise you have to pay for. I'm actually thinking of Red Driving school here, they give you free training but tie you into a franchise you'll be lucky to make anything out of. And there are lots of other dream schemes out there.

Oooh these people make my blood boil! Seriously. My step-dad signed up with them. Yes, the training is little or no cost, but you have to pay for a car! My Dad acted as guarantor for him on the course and when my step-dad didn't complete the training (sore point but anyway) my Dad had to shell out £6K as they'd promised to complete the training and purchase the vehicle as part of the contract! Complete Scam - only way to do anything these days is to do it properly, for yourself, through your own means.

My advice with working from home - either set yourself up in a home business (arts, crafts or a skill you have) or go freelance in your line of work and have your base as home.

Yip I remember being paid off and looking for work spotted an advert for them and applied, the keeness of them wanting me to come for an interview made me very suspious about what they were up to.
It's something daft like they "train" more instructors in the UK every year than the AA & RAC put together but actually have less cars on the road. Complete scam but the sad thing is they aren't alone in scaming desprite people out of money with the dream of if you pay for x you'll be able to make y.

I knew somebody years ago who got caught up in a scam where it was a commission only job but recognising that the first few months people might struggle so they offered a salary type payment but it was actually a loan to be paid back, taken from your commison once you started earning it plus interest.

Thank you ladies.

The only reason I'm looking for home work is because I'm struggling to find a job, keep applying and applying but no luck yet :(.

I've worked in retail and in an inbound call centre before.

I've looked at all the direst selling ones, like The Body Shop at Home, Usborne, etc, but I really couldn't do the parties due to lack of confidence and I don't drive so I wouldn't be able to get to their houses anyway.

Thanks for the advice on scams.

Thank you ladies.

The only reason I'm looking for home work is because I'm struggling to find a job, keep applying and applying but no luck yet :(.

I've worked in retail and in an inbound call centre before.

I've looked at all the direst selling ones, like The Body Shop at Home, Usborne, etc, but I really couldn't do the parties due to lack of confidence and I don't drive so I wouldn't be able to get to their houses anyway.

Thanks for the advice on scams.

You sound very similar to me hun. My background is all customer service. Past 3 years I've done inbound call centre and reception work. Maternity leave finished on number 2 in December and I was applying for 6 months (started in November) for at least 4 jobs a week and nothing at all, not even an interview. I gave up in April as I was too far gone to get past interview stage and will be starting again this November and also hope/plan to go back to college to re-train (still not sure when this will happen) as otherwise I'm going to be in the same situation again.

I've been looking at taking on typing and proof-reading at home and doing a few bits of crafty things to tide me over, but haven't been able to afford the equipment/outlay yet. Hope to start in September.

Friend of mine works from home booking holidays for people with a low cost travel company...? Not sure how you would get into something like that though...

An other idea for you would be to go self employed doing domestic cleaning & / or ironing.
Ironing is an easier one to do from home though. You start of with a webpage, and an ad on yell.com and see how it goes.

I've used a couple of ironing companies as standard they seem it use wire coathangers and celophine bags to slip over the top of the bundle. The first company I used never made mention of returning the hangers, the 2nd one wants them returned but tbh I'm sure they get them for pennies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->