Homebirth v birth centre

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
I want a natural unmedicalised birth but I am scared to do it at home because my last birth was so traumatic.

I am worried if I try to stay at home I won't relax.

Perhaps you need to speak to someone about your last labour and birth, get hold of your notes and run through them with a MW/doula and understand what happened a little better - that way you can start to come to terms with it.

I have seen a counsellor and gone through my notes with a senior MW to help me try to come to terms with it all. I'm going to start using natal hypnotherapy with has some exercises to help you let go of bad feelings around previous births perhaps something like this would help you be able to make decisions a little more easily.

have you spoken to your own MW about your feelings she may be able to help. I laboured in our local BC and it was wonderful - ended up in hospital with an EMCS so am going for a HB this time as I'm not allowed in the BC and I know I wont relax in a hospital.

Only you can make the decision, but get some more info about what happened last time and go see your local birth centre too - they can be great so much nicer than a hospital with the reassurance of more available help than home if thats what you worry about.

If you are worried you won't relax at home then maybe it's not the best place to give birth. Birth Centres are a wonderful mid way between home and hospital and if you have one locally it could be the perfect solution. Ideally you should be in the place that makes you feel safest, relaxed and secure. For some this is home but not for everyone. My second was born in a birth centre and it was an amazing hands off experience. It was one of the reasons I wanted my third at home. The mws really helped me to believe in myself and my ability to give birth. I came away feeling incredibly empowered. If we have any more they'd also be born at home because it's where I can completely relax but I look back at my birth centre birth with huge pride and fondness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->