Homemade stage 1 food - bm or no?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Hey! So we did three days of avocado bm purée. I was wondering do you ladies add bm to all your stage 1 purées?

I only added it (formula in my case) if the puree was thick and needed thinned a little.

Nice! Yeah tbh my supply is tanking so half his bottles are formula and I decided to stop putting bm in the food just formula. Good tip! Thanks!

I guess it's something people do to ensure baby is still getting full vitamins/minerals while exploring new food (probably more important if you introduce solids before 6months). I don't think you have to do it; an alternative would be to feed smaller amounts of food and/or offer milk an hour before meal times, so that milk remains the main source of food until they are able to digest larger amounts of a wider variety of food.

Oooo I just assumed it was a taste thing tbh I haven’t looked into anything because I was expecting to wait two more months haha. He still gets his bottle after. He he usually still takes the full 4oz but last night he only wanted 2 after his avocado. Thanks for the insight!

Often people only add any sort of bm or formula if baby is under 6 months and can't have milk in food yet. It won't affect the taste at all, so unless you are starting early weaning, no I wouldn't bother. Save your stored milk for when you actually need it (especially because a lot of food will be wasted at this point).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->