Homopathy in pregnancy

Mrs pg

Reaction score
What is people's thoughts on homeopathy in pregnancy? Have known a few people who reckon they have had great results with the sickness but wouldn't wanna take anything harmful to baby

I would not personally recommend it at all. I work for a so called "homeopathic" business and I make all the products. A lot of the herbs used are not to be consumed by pregnant women. The labels indicate that. Also homeopathics contain dilutions of alcohol and no pregnant woman should be consuming alcohol. I can only speak for the business I work for and I can honestly say that these products are something people shouldn't take and most certainly not someone who is carrying a child.

What is people's thoughts on homeopathy in pregnancy? Have known a few people who reckon they have had great results with the sickness but wouldn't wanna take anything harmful to baby

I would recommend it, and I have a doctorate in medicine. Homeopathic remedies ARE initially made from herbs, but they are diluted beyond Avogadro's number and thus have no measurable amount of the original substance by the time they are administered. All that's left is the energetic "footprint" of the original substance, which makes this a very safe medicine to take. The alcohol used during production is largely evaporated off by the time it's packaged, and even if some remains it is not in any amount that would be of concern. The reason that labels you will read on most products, including homeopathic remedies, say they are not recommended in pregnancy is because there can be no trials conducted (ethically) on products using pregnant women as test subjects. So there is no real data available on safety trials... (other than about 200 years of empirical evidence where homeopathic remedies are concerned). So that's why most labels usually just say "pregnant women should consult with their doctor."

It's important to note that since these are medications, even if they are considered to be just "energetic," it is important to work with a qualified practitioner and not to prescribe for yourself.

If you're talking about ginger have at it, though the stuff is nasty. Like pp said, the reason there's warnings on most supplements or homeo products (or otc medications) is because no one can ethically do any studies on pregnant women.

I took diclegis for Ms in my last pregnancy, but you could try b6.

To the poster who works for a homeopathic business, are you making homeopathies or are you making tinctures? Tinctures are far different than homeopathies. The pp explained that homeopathies are so highly diluted that there's nothing left of the actual herb and any alcohol remaining is negligible while a tincture would be the herb steeped in an alcohol or vinegar preparation. (I use homeopathies and tinctures on a daily basis in my business and I've taken classes on how to use both.)

As for the original poster's question, some homeopathies are perfectly fine to take but it's best to consult someone who knows what they are doing as they can better help fine-tune the dosage and steer you from the ones you should avoid during pregnancy as there are some that could adversely affect things. Look for a naturopathic or homeopathic doctor in your area if you have questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->