HONEST advice please, inviting partners

Discussion in 'Bride & Beyond' started by Ri_bena, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Ri_bena

Ri_bena Well-Known Member

hi everyone, i really would appreciate the advice of all you lovely brides to be - i am looking for honest advice, if you think I'm being really rude please say before i make a huge wedding faux pas!

Basically we're having a teeny tiny wedding for various reasons, just church and restaurant afterwards, 24 adults and 4 kids, most of the adults are parents/ siblings and their husbands/wives and grandparents. there are about 6 friends coming. 3 of the have partners of about 6-9months, will be longer obvs at the wedding in May...so with only a few ppl coming can i say no to these partners being invited?

My POV is that lots of ppl are off the list sadly and i dont want them annoyed ive invited ppl i hardly know/havent met. I also dont want to not know like 1/5 of the guests! and i suppose honestly i feel like these mates shud feel 'honoured' (sound so up myself!) that they've been invited, so shudnt expect partners to be invited.

If they had kids/got engaged/married between now and may i would invite them btw.

Thats my opnion but really i need everyone elses opinion. Please tell me what you think. Thanks so so much. xxx

2. Kiki1993

Kiki1993 Well-Known Member

I think its okay to not invite boyfriends and girlfriends, just explain its going to be very small, we are doing that for OH's sisters that aren't married and for my sister too :flower:

3. lilysmum2

lilysmum2 Well-Known Member

At the end of the day its your wedding and you can invite who you like!

If i had my way i wouldnt invite girlfriends/boyfriends but OH wants too!

My theory is, i want to invite people who have been bothered to see me at least 6 months before the wedding! People who i havent seen in years and who couldnt make the effort, why should i?

Partners probably dont even know you that well so they shouldnt expect to come, unless you have made really good friends with them.

4. michyk84

michyk84 Well-Known Member

nothing wrong with that at all, we have had to take a few plus ones off purely cos of money but those we had to the person coming is good mate & totally understands

5. numb3rthree

numb3rthree Guest

I think its ok as you are having a small wedding and they have not been togethrr long. its wrong imo whe the couple have kids/are a family to exclude the partner. for all u know in 6 months time they could have split witg that partner and have a new onelol xx

6. Erinsmummy

Erinsmummy pregnant with no3

I think if your having a small wedding then its fine. If they live together and/or have kids i would say invite them, but otherwise dont feel you have to!