Honey, I shrunk the bump?!

ashley_gee89

Mummy of 3.
Reaction score
I've just took a new bump pic (because I suspected I was smaller) and it's REALLY noticeable that it has actually shrunk. I've shrunk to what I was at about 20wks :|. I've considered babys position but she's been head down, bum on left, feet on right for the past 4 weeks or so. What the hell is going on ???

Look!

This is at 18 weeks..
https://i39.tinypic.com/2s8fvy0.jpg

27 weeks..
https://i42.tinypic.com/wlbs5t.jpg

And this was my bump tonight @ 29+5
https://i42.tinypic.com/153vfic.jpg

WTF??

Wow your bump is smaller. I don't have any advice other than maybe you need to drink more water?

Maybe? - It's rather worrying though :shock: - Was hoping others had had this happen etc

Has your dr. or midwife been checking your fundal height? My guess would be that bubs probably just changed positions.

Yeah hun, she's been approx. 2 weeks behind in FH since 20 weeks. Growth scan on Fri showed she was 1+4 behind. Nah I know it's not hun cos she was in same position at growth scan as she has been at my last 3/4 mw appts.

This is baby #5 for me and I have had my bump change size. Mine was because of not drinking enough water.

Wow, that is amazing.

Have you been feeling baby move? You might want to get checked out. Are you leaking fluid?

I'm sure it's ok, but I'd check to be sure.

Yeah, although her movements have slowed over the last 2 weeks, but mw didn't seem concerned. I felt a TINY gush last week, felt like I was leaking for a few hrs then it stopped so I didn't bother to go to L&D and haven't felt wet since. I'll try giving drinking more water a go till I see mw on Weds

I posted a thread about the exact same thing a few days ago! My baby had been in the same position since 26 weeks, but all of a sudden I could shave my legs and see bits I hadnt seen for weeks!

Anyway I went to the OB and he did an ultrasound. Said my fluid levels are good, baby is measuring fine, still head down bum on left , and not engaged :wacko: So he said he didnt know why I had deflated but everything looked fine. :shrug: Weird. Anyway I'm still not as big as I was at 30 weeks but a little bigger than 31 weeks.

Picture in aussie shorts was taken at 29+2, and picture in pink monkey shorts at 31+4.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 6
Good luck!! If you are really worried then call your midwife!! If you think you were leaking water then you DO need to be checked out asap!

its ok!!!mine does this all the time,depending on how the baby is laying..its alright .

I posted a thread about the exact same thing a few days ago! My baby had been in the same position since 26 weeks, but all of a sudden I could shave my legs and see bits I hadnt seen for weeks!

Anyway I went to the OB and he did an ultrasound. Said my fluid levels are good, baby is measuring fine, still head down bum on left , and not engaged :wacko: So he said he didnt know why I had deflated but everything looked fine. :shrug: Weird. Anyway I'm still not as big as I was at 30 weeks but a little bigger than 31 weeks.

Picture in aussie shorts was taken at 29+2, and picture in pink monkey shorts at 31+4.

Glad I'm not the only one! Yep, can see your decrease in size obviously too! - Very strange! I might give my mw a call in the morning coz I know bub is measuring 1+4 behind and waters were JUST normal on Fri.

Mine changes for the opposite reason everybody else mentioned, when I really drink a lot of water I retain less and my bump looks smaller, but it's actually a good sign. If you have had bloating problems too then maybe that's it :)

Well that was a waste of time. I called my mw to make sure it was ok. Well at first she laughed at me then said well you cant compare bump pics, it might have been the angle etc and to speak to my community mw about it. Now I remember why I dont phone them about shit :|

What a cow!!!! Did you mention you thought you may have leaked fluid? To be honest, I am disgusted she didn't take this more seriously xxx

If you are worried, ring the hospital and tell them you felt leaking fluid, its best to get checked over and reassured. Theres nothing worse than sitting worrying. In my previous 2 pregs, I went in when I was really worried, once in each preg, and they were more than happy to check me over. Well worth it for peace of mind.

Theres really no point tbh, i went in last week after some 4 or so min apart bhs an "feeling wet" down there.. They jus put me on the machine for half an hr and said i prob got increased discharge. I am actually a little concerned at them too, i hated my care with my son, thats why i changed hosp this time, but so far they are worse!

That sounds terrible, can you call labour and delivery and explain what has happened to them, they might take you a little more seriously.

That's terrible that they just completly dismissed your concern! A couple ladies have said it already, but I'm thinking you lost water weight. Gl and try not to stress!!

Has ur baby dropped into the pelvis by chance? What did ur provider say weight gain/loss, fundus height ect

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->