Hook effect experiment

shobbs

Reaction score
Ok so I recently found out very unexpected we are expecting again. I got a huge BFP 7 days ago I've been monitoring my progression using clear blue digitalis and frer.

They have progressively got darker and around 4 days ago got my 3+ and test line much darker than the control line.

Since then I've been using up my tests clear blue still saying 3+ but frer has been getting litter again no matter how long I've been holding it. So then it hit me to try diluting my urine.

I had a 2 hour hold and around 50;50 water to the sample and surprise surprise super strong BFP again. I was so relieved to see the line again. I'm currently traveling back from holiday but will try and upload the tests
:) didn't think it was possible with only being 5 weeks 3 days

That's really interesting! It's cool that you tested the theory. I just read a medical article recently (I wish I could find it again, but I don't remember what it was called) where a doctor was testing the accuracy of urine pregnancy tests.

In the article, it was actually proven that the urine tests the doctors and hospitals use are a different kind than the HPTs we buy. And due to the type of hormone being tested, the doctor's pregnancy tests are twice as likely to provide false negatives from the hook effect. It had me curious because I had a very strong positive test at home when I got a negative at the doctor's. Anyway, I thought I'd share that with you because it was interesting to me about the hook effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"