• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Hope for people dealing with oligospermia-4.8million

Gracy 004

Reaction score
Hi all, I just wanted to post my story as some encouragement for people dealing with oligospermia :flower:

We unsuccessfully tried to conceive for 6 months- not long I know but my dh is 15 years older than me so we felt like time wasn't on our side, we decided to go get tested. Results came back- all ok for me but dh's sperm analysis was really bad- total count 4.8 million, 1% motility and 98% abnormal morphology! Also he has a VERY large varicocele on the left which May have been contributing to things. We were devastated and they told us IVF with ICSI the only option.

So we went forward with this almost straight away. My first cycle resulted in a blighted ovum at 7 weeks and to say we were gutted was an understatement. But we were lucky enough to have 4 frosties and had a single FET as soon as possible. After a very stressful and complicated pregnancy DD1 was born by elective c section at 37 weeks. :happydance:

I always said I couldn't go through it again but long story short, when she was about 5 months I was already desperate for another baby! DH agreed to use the remaining 3 frosties and see what happened. 7 months after DD's birth I took a medication to dry my breast milk up overnight, switched her to formula , took clomid that cycle to restart my cycle and have a FET ASAP. The day of the transfer arrived and I excitedly arrived at the clinic only to be told all 3 frosties had died when defrosting :cry: by this stage I was already very invested in wanting another baby very badly so signed straight up to start a full stim cycle the next month.

Amazingly this cycle resulted in our second DD, and we now had two girls 17 months apart and our hands full but very happy. We were done ... although I did always think I would have liked a3rd but wasn't going yo pursue it and DH not keen as he was 50 yrs old by this stage and we had no money left for more IVF.

DD 2 was exclusively bf for 13 months and I had no cycle in that time.
About 3 weeks after the last time I breast fed her I began to feel quite queasy! This was a familiar feeling .... I said to DH if I didn't know better I would think I was pregnant. He's like you can't be! So I got a test that day and it was bfn- I was actually pretty disappointed as even though I knew it was next to impossible I really did feel pregnant. I just put it down to a hormonal change in me since stopping feeding. But I continued to get sicker and sicker and retested about a week later- BFP!

DD3 is now 2 weeks old and I'm still amazed that she was conceived naturally after everything. DH didn't do anything different, took no supplements or anything and I didn't even know I was ovulating when she was conceived. I now have 3 under 3 and If someone had told me this when we started our ttc journey I would never have believed them.

When we first started ttc I spent forever trying to find success stories of people who conceived naturally with really low counts and couldn't find any so I decided to share my story so that others who may be in the same situation may realise that there still is hope and not to give up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"