Hope you don't mind...visiting from second trimester

Cinamon

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I hope you don't mind me visiting from second trimester...

But I could really do with some words of wisdom....

It sounds to me that every pregnant women has her fears... Mine is premature labour... it really relay scares me...I lay awake at night, just thinking of it brings scared tears to my eyes.:cry:

I'm not sure why I have this fear... maybe because as a very young girl and nursing student, I worked in the premature ICU for a short time???:shrug:

I'm sorry if I sound silly and I'm sure you ladies have real worries and concerns, but I would appreciate any words of wisdom I can get.

Hi, I dont mind you visiting. I think it is very normal to have pregnancy fears, such as worrying your baby will be born prematurely. Mine oddly enough was that I would leave my baby some where and forget. I dreamed about it all the time. Hormones do tons of weird things to your mind and emotions, its very possible because you have experience with preemie and the ICU...that this is subconsciously in your head already. I mean you haven't had any real indications you will deliver early have you?

I personally always had a weird suspicious I would deliver early, I kept picking up preemie clothes without thinking when I went to buy baby clothing...it was really spooky. But meant nothing until Lakai came early.

I really think you have nothing to worry about. I think you are just having normal hormonal pregnancy fears!

Congrats on your little one btw!

Also...you are just 24 weeks...normally when people are all happy about being viable, this could have a effect on your emotions and mind too.

HI
Like nkbapbt says it is normal to have all sorts of worries going on when you are pregnant, and fingers crossed there is no reason why you will not go on to have a nice healthy full term baby :)

Prem birth was not something that really crossed my mind when I was pregnant although I did worry about whether or not the baby would be healthy as I am sure all parents do.

Obviously having working in ICU you are aware of the potential difficulties that can arise from having a prem baby but I hope you also saw loads and loads of cases where the babies made wonderful progress and eventually went home to one VERY happy family :)

Try and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy hun and check out the VIP thread on this forum - it's heartwarming :cloud9:

As soon as I realised there was a risk of premature birth, I upped my game. Ate more of the right stuff, got plenty of rest and made sure I got all the bits and pieces I thought we would need for the first wee while.

The thing to bear in mind is, even if you do have to go through it, medical technology and care is absolutely fantastic these days and although there are hard times to go through, there are also lots of different "Firsts" - things you will experience that not everybody gets the chance to. The first time she came out of the incubator, the first time she opened her eyes and looked at us, the first time she took a bottle feed, moving from the incubator to the cot. There was a lot of joy in those 6 and a half weeks.

Worrying will do you no good as the last thing you need is stress. But the one thing I found after Abby was born was, it is amazing how many people have been through it, and how many great stories there are. The thing I heard most often was "my one was xxxx lbs at birth and they are now a strapping xxx stone"

If there is one piece of advice I'd give is, enjoy every day of your pregnancy. When mine came to an end earlier than expected, I really missed the excitement of being pregnant!

However, at least your concern is something logical and fairly understandable. I kept dreaming I gave birth to a cat or a dog....and I hate cats!!!

I kept dreaming I gave birth to a cat or a dog....and I hate cats!!!

Foogirl -that's so funny.

Thank you every one for your kind replies, it's changing some of the fears in to lots of hope. Thank you.

:hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->