Hopeful for 3rd time luck!

ItsAWonder

Reaction score
I have been very nervous to post here as I am scared to get my hopes up too much.

I had a chemical in April 2013 and a MMC diagnose in June 2013 (followed by Miso then d&c) at 8 weeks.

I am pregnant again for the 3rd time in 6 months and am very thankful I have been able to get pregnant again so quickly.

I saw my doctor yesterday at 4+5. His internal probe was broken so we did an abdominal scan and did not think we would see anything. However, there was an 8 mm sac!

I go back on Oct. 10 to hopefully see a fetal pole and maybe a heartbeat (I will be 6+1)

My due date based on LMP is June 4, 2014.

I am hoping to find some women with previous miscarriages to go through this process together. Although I do feel much better about this pregnancy I am scared to get too excited.

Hi there! Sorry for your previous losses but congrats on being back!! You are definitely thinking of this in the right way... the fact that you are thankful for being pregnant 3 times in a 6 month period! I too had a mmc last year and was very skeptical about posting on here when I found out we were expecting again.... but I feel so different about this pregnancy. I am sooo much more positive and excited and can really think about having a little baby in my arms soon! I say be happy and post as much as you want! We will all be here for you either way! Good luck and I hope you have a great healthy pregnancy!!

Hello! I too am on my third pregnancy, previous 2 ending in miscarriage. It took 6 months to get my first BFP but I got these last 2 quite quickly really!

At first I was terrified that something terrible was going to happen, I hadn't had AF since my mc so they couldn't date me, and I'd been told not to try again but did anyway. I continually told myself that I was pregnant, not having a baby. Pregnancy does not mean baby.... Horrible feeling.

Then I started to think about what my GP had told me, that at 2 mc they don't investigate as statistically you're still within normal limits, but a third would put you over normal limits... So that means that statistically, the 3rd should work!! Also, my symptoms from 7 weeks have been so strong, stronger than my other 2 pregnancies.

Well, on Friday last week they gave me my early reassurance scan, and there was shrimps, tiny beating heart. Now I truly believe I'm having a baby!!

Its good that they could view anything as early as you are, and I hope they can view more when you go back. It's a horrible wait, I read quite an interesting article about how people 'like us' are having a completely different experience from people who have never experience mc, yet the care we're offered is often the same. X

Ladies - thank you so much for your stories. My doc keeps reminding me that the odds are in my favor this time as well - as much as with a first pregnancy.

Luckily he did test me for immune/blood clotting disorders, Thyroid and anything else that can be tested with blood. My progesterone was fine in my last pregnancy. We also did a hysteroscope and my uterus is healthy so we have yet to find a reason for the miscarriages. I am 36 so it was probably just a chromosome issue.

BSelck - Thanks for you kind words. It's wonderful to hear how positive you now are about your pregnancy!

Mumtodogs - It took me 7 months to get my first BFP and the rest have been quick as you can see.

Although symptoms are tough I am glad you have them. I really don't have any. Since I had plenty with my last two my doc said any difference is good. Slight sore bbs and I have been burpy and a bit tired in the evening. Other than that I feel normal. When did your symptoms kick in?

Congrats on the strong heartbeat! I cannot wait to see mine:)

Again, I really appreciate your responses.

Just a quick post to say my beautiful daughter was the result of my third pregnancy. It was third time lucky for me as my 1st two ended in m/c. It was heart breaking but all that pain was worth it when i finally got to hold my daughter.

I am now on my 4th pregnancy (hopefully 2nd child) and so far so good. Had scan at 13 weeks and everything looked great.

GL, i'm sure it will all go well xx

Did any of you ladies do anything differently? I asked my doc about progesterone but he did not feel it was needed so I did not start that in the TWW; same with baby aspirin. Personally, I don't want to take anything unnecessarily so I am comfortable with his decision.

Nothing different apart from making sure i was off cigs b4 trying for baby. With first two i stopped once i got bfp. I doubt that had anything to do with it though.

It is just down to luck sometimes. I had some tests run after 2nd m/c and they couldn't find any obvious reason for it xx

I'm pregnant with our third time lucky :D early MC in feb, chemical at the start of April and surprise BFP on August 10th I'm 7 weeks 2 days. Seen a heartbeat of 120 bpm at 6 weeks 1 day :)
Congratulations, the fact that the Dr seen a sac is great!
Good luck, keep us updated.

Good luck ItsAWonder! Glad to hear first scan went well. I am pregnant after only 1 loss in July at 7w4d. I'm terrified all the time, but also very hopeful! I hope I don't have to wait for the third to be the charm :nope:

Oh and congratulations!!

I am pregnant for the 3rd time... First was MMC at 8 weeks 6 days (baby never developed past 5 weeks 5 days) and second was twins, one without hb, one with a slow/weak hb never growing past 6 weeks 1 day. (was supposed to be about 8 weeks) This 3rd time, I feel so much more optimistic. My symptoms are stronger although they come and go so I worry, but we went to our ultrasound yesterday and saw the most beautiful little 7 weeks 2 days gummy bear with a nice strong HB of 147. We even got to hear it. :cloud9: After the 2 MC, they tested me for everything as well... nothing came back abnormal. I really do believe that the first two were simply just a blip like a bad egg or sperm. So here is to our 3rd time being the charm! I feel very hopeful and optimistic for us all :flower::hugs:

It's so wonderful to read all of these positive stories. I do wish everyone the best of during your pregnancies and would like to keep this thread active. Maybe we can all get through this together!

ItsaWonder - I didn't get any symptoms until I was six and a half weeks. I actually tested 4 weeks after my mc and got a BFP, which happened with my first as it was retained products. I went to the GP a couple of weeka later as thought I had retained products again and when he took my bloods he said it was more likely I was pregnant again!!! So I don't have any symptoms at all at that point! The past couple of weeks they have landed.

My last mc was very clotty, and with my first they also saw a clot in my womb next to the gest sac, so I upped my water intake to around 3-4 litres per day. That's the only thing I did differently.

How odd / sad / inspiring that there are so many of u going through the same, and here's me thinking I'm on my own!!!

ItsaWonder - I didn't get any symptoms until I was six and a half weeks. I actually tested 4 weeks after my mc and got a BFP, which happened with my first as it was retained products. I went to the GP a couple of weeka later as thought I had retained products again and when he took my bloods he said it was more likely I was pregnant again!!! So I don't have any symptoms at all at that point! The past couple of weeks they have landed.

My last mc was very clotty, and with my first they also saw a clot in my womb next to the gest sac, so I upped my water intake to around 3-4 litres per day. That's the only thing I did differently.

How odd / sad / inspiring that there are so many of u going through the same, and here's me thinking I'm on my own!!!:hugs:

Mumtodogs - I am surprised at how many of us there are as well. Thanks for letting me know about your symptoms. I do feel a bit of a burning or stretching in my uterus today. Sometimes I think I am queasy too but sometimes I think I am making myself feel that way. It's probably a bit of both. This morning I got my second HCG draw so hopefully my doctor sees that it's rising (although I probably won't speak to him until next week). I also stopped drinking any coffee this cycle and I don't eat or drink any other caffeinated foods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->