hoping another baby does this

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by babyjiva, Jun 7, 2011.

1. babyjiva

babyjiva 1st baby

this is one of those just need to know it's normal moments :shrug:

i'm worried about my LO because whenever she wakes up and sometimes in the day, she practically mauls her face. it looks something like scratching or squeezing and maybe going for her eyes and/or nose, can't tell. she wakes a lot through the night and a bit during naps and does this often.

anyone else?

2. EmberLeigh

EmberLeigh Ember's Mommy

Ember "windmills" her arms almost nonstop when she's falling asleep or when she gets woken up as well as when she gets frustrated. Sometimes, during her "windmilling", she pulls her ears and/or hair, other times she manages to grab my hair (or boob) and pulls (or pinches/scratches) as hard as she can. She's quite vicious and strong for a 3 month old.

3. babyjiva

babyjiva 1st baby

thank you… i love you right now! haha. she's so tense when just waking, i worry she's in pain :( or itchy even...

4. maggiemae

maggiemae Well-Known Member

My LO does this, especially when he's getting ready to nap. He puts his hands up at his face and rubs them all over. I have to keep his nails really short or he will have scratches all over his face.

5. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

Nim used to do this when the reflux woke her, and if she has an attack still does. Shes pretty sensitive and dramatic tho!

6. EmberLeigh

EmberLeigh Ember's Mommy

Ember is a reflux baby also, so maybe that's why she has "spaz attacks".
    She has sort of the same violent reactions when pushing out her farts too, just add kicking with all of her strength to all that listed above. :wacko:

7. princesspie

princesspie Well-Known Member

Yes my lo does this aswell, don't worry, just keep her nails short or pop some mittens on :)

8. Rose_bud

Rose_bud Well-Known Member

Both of mine do/have done this to their faces. Right now Matthew's face is covered in little scratches because he needs his nails cut!

9. ginny

ginny Well-Known Member

Mine too! We currently have four scratches on his face at the moment! He's a little fighter sometimes when it comes to sleeping xx

10. Louppey

Louppey Mummy to 2 girls <3

My LO does this. I have to swaddle her or she'd claw her eyes out before she fell asleep :dohh:

Atleast when she's waking up I can keep an eye on her & hold her arms down if she gets too rough.

11. Pramaholic86

Pramaholic86 Guest

I've got one of these too, when she's overtired x

12. sapphire1

sapphire1 Well-Known Member

Holly does that too, her face is covered in scratches. She does it when she's awake properly too, especially when she's eating and has food all over her hands. She pokes her fingers right into her eye sockets too. She is a total weirdo thogh :haha:

13. fidget

fidget Pregnant Mama Bear

yep, lucas does it until he's overtired... then it gets worse!! haha
    i've HAD to go back to swaddling as he just will not settle otherwise, for a while i held his hands down until he was asleep but now if i do this he starts smiling and talking and wakes up lol.

he grabs his own hair, pokes his fingers in his eyes, waving his hands like a madman... little loony!!

14. babyjiva

babyjiva 1st baby

a big "whew" haha. although farie, i hope it's not the reflux. that's kind of what i was getting at without saying it. i've introduced new foods into my diet that i'm worrying are making her sick again as she seems to be miserable (she is teething though) and this face attack seems more frequent all of a sudden&#8230; maybe just a coincidence. between the crying and face attacking, and puffy eyes i'm thinking she's still allergic to the foods i'm eating. argh, parenting. so hard!!!

everyone else: thank you. it feels so good to know you're not alone&#8230; though that feels selfish too. sorry 'bout that!

oh and about the poking her eyes out&#8230; my god, sometimes i think she's gonna go blind and yet she doesn't seem to feel it at all! haha

15. babypowder

babypowder Well-Known Member

Mine too :) xx

16. xnewxmummyx

xnewxmummyx Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle

yup isobelle does it too, even in her sleep..

xx